Crating N Kennelling Dogs

eyeopener

It's easy to assume that what we've always done or what we do now is good for our dogs and it's what they want because that's what we want. No one asks the dog.

Maybe if we had the data we could petition more businesses to allow dogs to accompany owners to work.

These 2 parts of the quote really worry me.

Who decides what is good for them, when its not something like nutrition, can be a can of worms. Like the RSPCA thing considered a dog must be walked for so long a day. You can't ask the dog. If you could a 15 year old dog may say no way, I hate it at my age. Some things should be common sense, not law.

Dogs at work :eek: People already want employers to consider paid time off for their pets needs so I imagine that if they have to let owners bring them to work we will have a heap more businesses taking their work & money overseas. Australia will become a country too hard to function in. Our dogs are far too unwelcome in many places they could go in but work is not one of them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can shut the gates to the runs and there are two which are fully seperate.

I had two Dobe bitches that were never together if I wasn't there and for the last 4 years couldn't be together at all.

That's fantastic. Did you build them yourself - what a good job, do you contract out?? :p

Yes you can shut the gates to the runs and there are two which are fully seperate.

I had two Dobe bitches that were never together if I wasn't there and for the last 4 years couldn't be together at all.

That's fantastic. Did you build them yourself - what a good job, do you contract out?? :p

Yep we did build them ourselves. Dad did most of the very clever stuff, but I designed them and helped. The yard we moved but yep I dug every hole, dug out a trench then shovelled in blue metal which totally stuffed my back, attached the chain mesh and maintain it. I even got my own little push mower for christmas especially for the dog yard :)

The OH of course did lots as I am only so strong :) and he mixes good concrete

There are some things I would change though.

After building our boarding kennels from the groud up I am VERY over buidling so nope sorry I don't contract out :)

They are at www.countrylaneboarding.com :D

Edited by OSoSwift

Yep we did build them ourselves. Dad did most of the very clever stuff, but I designed them and helped. The yard we moved but yep I dug every hole, dug out a trench then shovelled in blue metal which totally stuffed my back, attached the chain mesh and maintain it. I even got my own little push mower for christmas especially for the dog yard :)

The OH of course did lots as I am only so strong :) and he mixes good concrete

There are some things I would change though.

After building our boarding kennels from the groud up I am VERY over buidling so nope sorry I don't contract out :)

They are at www.countrylaneboarding.com :D

Damn (:p) but thanks for posting the pics so I can see what you've done. Unfortunately, I'm absolutely hopeless in terms of being a conceptual person and designing things so I'm very envious of your ability to do that - I need a set of instructions for everything and I'm usually ok - LOL.

My dogs are either inside or crated when no one is home, however that isn't very often (about a half a day one or two times a week). Should there be no one home more often, then we would reconsider this arrangement.

Our dogs used to be outside when we weren't home, however after one was shot by a neighbour (while in our backyard), one was an escape artist and one was bitten by a snake, it is safer if they are inside when we aren't home. I would rather come home to safe, healthy dogs.

The youngest and least trustworthy one gets the laundry, which is the size of a small run. The trustworthy, older dogs get the run of the hallway/bathroom/my bedroom and the teenager who's still not 100% trustworthy gets her crate with a bustacube in it to keep her entertained.