Homemade Hydro Baths

eyeopener

I have extra large n small dogs so would be great if suitable for both too. I did see a thread somewhere yrs ago but can't seem to find it now. Also do you think it's bad to blow long coated dogs off with the air compresser just wondering as it say not to use on yourself(we all still do to get hay,chaff n dirt off after being in headers etc)?

I had not thought of the sales etc will start looking out as I have collected some amazing heavy horse harnesses n we get a lot of our fencing, yard n bits n pieces from clearing sales lately. I will start to look out for clearness sale n auctions on farms that had dogs good idea thanks.

I wouldn't trade my home made dog bath for a hydrobath ever. Years ago when we first started showing Tibetan Terriers, I was bathing them in our bath and down on my knees and it was totally uncomfortable, so we came up with a solution that has done me for nearly 20 years. We bought a 5ft pressed steel people bath, and my husband made a frame up for it to sit in, and then closed it in. It was at waist height, no bending now, and so easy to bath the dogs in. We hooked the hose(two joined shower hoses) up to the laundry taps and set about looking for a nozzle that was a small one and all I have to do is turn the taps on and get the water temp right, and we are in business, quick and easy and it already has the drain hole so that the water goes out automatically, or you can use a plug to keep the water in there. He did build it slightly sloped so that water never sits in the bottom of the bath. It is right at the end of my laundry and is not in anyones way. The best investment ever and I doubt if it even went near $100.

Oh and forgot to add that he put a door in the front and shelves inside so that I could store their shampoos etc. in there out of the way. At least these pics will give you some idea of what I mean.

Our house is very old and hence the rustic look.

Edited by Marion 01