Dog Central Day Care

Joypod

As with the grooming industry, literally anyone can open a 'dodgy doggy daycare' hang out their shingle and make some money do pretty much whatever they want. They only have to comply with council regulations & animal welfare codes.

Until we have some sort of minimum standards & licensing in these industries, and treat them like a proper trade such as plumbers, builders etc these things will continue to happen.

yes even with licensing there will be dodgy people, but it will make it a lot harder for Mr or Mrs whatsamathingy to wake up one morning and decide to be a dog groomer or run a doggy day care.... because as it stands now there is pretty much NOTHING stopping ANYONE doing it.

Hi all. Roo seems just fine. She is a quiet dog so probably wasn't on the receiving end of any rage. Unlike to bulldog. It was horrible.

I stupidly can't remember the name exactly, it had the word dog and the words Trust or Care in the title and the new signed were green and purple. I didn't realise it was important until pick up, and then i just wanted to get Roo away from there as quickly as possible.

I had not thought about reporting to the RSPCA. Thank you. There were also at least 20 dogs there and only one staff member..... surely that isn't right? And it was 5.00pm on Saturday, their closing time, so they can't all have been daycare dogs? So where will they all sleep? So many questions

I believe the relevant code states something like 1 staff member per 11 dogs and that there must be at least 1 staff member on the premises overnight (that's if they have approval from council for the dogs to stay in the facility overnight!. I'd definitely be reporting to council, because they may at least be able to ping her on staff members and when dogs are allowed to be left on premesis or something like that. She is a disgrace to animal care professions.

• 1 month later...

Old thread I know, but I'm wondering if this justifies some of Lucy's behaviour (particularly around other dogs) given her attendance at the Yarraville centre from about 16 weeks onwards :( :( :(

Admittedly, she always returned in great physical condition, but the last occasion we took them (roughly September 2011?) was for a day visit whilst moving house and they were returned covered in fleas. I called them when we got home and they could not have cared less. :(

I shudder to think what happened whilst she was in their "care" as we had Lucy spayed over the Christmas holidays thinking she would be in good hands and going home with staff during the evenings (and have access to veterinary care during the day). Apparently this wasn't the case.

Edited by Pheebs