Bunnie's And Puppie's

RidgieAmy

Hello, So we have two gorgeous mini lop house bunnys, litter trained and so in love with eachother

Cheech(Sable colour) - the boy and our first addition to our little family - he is very sooky, loves to lie on the sofa beside us and generally get fussed over!!

Suki(Japenese Harlequin) - the girl, (also desexed) we bought her about two months after Cheech once he'd been desexed, She is gorgeous!! but has taken longer to come out of her shell, probably due to the fact that she has Cheech so she didn't need to bother with us wheras Cheech was the only pet to start with so we were his only buddys. She now comes over for pats, and jumps on the sofa when theirs food about!

post-48100-0-25094600-1357818208_thumb.jpg

ANYWAY... then we have our new puppy Kobie, we have introduced them behind their cage and whilst they have been free-roaming but he is on his lead! he gets a bit excited and wants to play (of course) but Cheech is not phased by this and continues to sit with us on the sofa even going to the edge to sniff Kobie's nose. However Suki being more scared runs away and Kobie being a ridgeback or any dog wants to chase her! He is never offlead when their out and they will never be unsupervised even IF he ignores them like my old dog back home used to do with our old pet bunnys, but she was a lab and very laid back, letting them hop all over.

So has anyone been through this that has any other tips for me? or am i doing okay thumbsup1.gif

Edited by RidgieAmy

Thanks that link is really useful info!! think ill continue to let them sniff through bars and him on leash! till hes trained a bit better! that's brill and what im aiming for, my lab used to be the same so gentle she used to let them hop on her and even dig her side, just looking at them as if to say 'your crazyyy' laugh.gif

Very cute bunnies! :love:

We have had 2, but currently only have a big black one called Pepsi.

Pepsi is very dominant and even Im scared of him lol But with the cavs he is totally fine with them. He and Joey are best mates!

They can only all hang out if they are all supervised . Theres a pic of him with Joey and Renae in my signature pic :)

We did read that to a bunny if you turn your back on them or an animal does, it the highest form of disrespect to them apparently and that can cause them to get shitty lol

I cant give any advice as we have never had any issues with the Cavs and our bunnies. Our pepsi is almost as big as them ! :laugh:

We have a puppy coming to live with us in about 4 weeks and they will be very carefully introduced when the time is right :)

ps Sometimes when Joey is grooming Pespi, it looks like he's trying to eat him, but he's not and Pespi does not mind at all, altho when he's had enough he will do a little grunt to warn Joey off :rofl:

Having said that I have heard of domestic dogs killing their families pet bunnies :cry:

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Aw i see him in the pic! too cutethumbsup1.gif so is your doggys, but oooh your ragdoll is just gorgeous!! what colouring is that? chocolate mitted bicolor?

I had some improvement today, i let the bunnys hop about on the floor while Kobie was sleeping beside me on the sofa (can't resist his puppy dog eyes) after a wee while Kobie woke up and was lying down watching them binky and smell all his toys, and Cheech hopped onto sofa came straight over and then Kobie give him licks on his head! it was the cutest thing, (maybe tasting him?laugh.gif)Cheech obviously didn't like Kobies dog breath and hopped off! Don't know whether Kobies half asleep state helped this meeting as normally he's too hyper for them to want to come over! Guessing it just takes time like most things and gradually they will be mates! (hopefully)

I don't think we'll have a problem with Kobie turning his back on them! he's all over them, far too excited when he sees them hopping. Obviously thats his instinct! This was my concern as obviously he's a hound, so will take more time, although most dogs learn to know the difference between wild and family, my old lab certainly did, she would chase wild rabbits, but at home would do nothing even if they started to run or binky!

It's sad that this happens, i've seen some awful videos on youtube of people 'introducing' their new puppy or dog to a rabbit and its just plain cruelty, letting the puppys chase them and paw them and bite their ears, no wonder pet rabbits get killed by pet dogs of the same household! frown.gif