Green Tripe

Hi fellow raw feeders,

We have to buy very large quantities of green tripe to sustain our supply source so we have some available for others. We freeze and cut into "meal size" blocks that are around 120 - 175g. Then we bag them into 1kg bags for storage. We aren't commercial so don't expect anything commercial! But the tripe is from a human grade abattoir (not a pet food abattoir) so it has been handled appropriately. Not cheap unfortunately at $6.50/kg but worth it!

PM me if interested. We are in Castle Hill, Sydney, NSW.

Cheers :-)

Hi fellow raw feeders,

We have to buy very large quantities of green tripe to sustain our supply source so we have some available for others. We freeze and cut into "meal size" blocks that are around 120 - 175g. Then we bag them into 1kg bags for storage. We aren't commercial so don't expect anything commercial! But the tripe is from a human grade abattoir (not a pet food abattoir) so it has been handled appropriately. Not cheap unfortunately at $6.50/kg but worth it!

PM me if interested. We are in Castle Hill, Sydney, NSW.

Cheers :-)

Just wondering how u aquire green tripe? I feed my 2 working Kelpies Raw diet (human grade) but in Tas they say its illegal but i know in vic they have hydahtas tape worm issues to but many BARF diets in VIC use HG offal etc + the occasional kibble ( more so as " snacks") I usually use the brand WELLNESS or CANIDAE

My raw diet ( for my 2 Kelpies) Liver ( either pork, beef, chicken, lamb) Muscle meat from either ( beef, lamb, chicken, Roo, goat)

They also get raw salmon or oily fishes or fish ingeneral as treats if not they get Omega 6+9 Suplements but I am looking to feed souly RAW food to my pups and was reading that Green tripe makes Raw feeding nutritionaly complete....

If I cannot aquire green tripe what can I do to make my dogs food more complete? I was considering usuing Nutrivit ( i think that is what it is called ) or a dog Multi Vit ( but i really do not think its nessary)....

Any advice and info would be greatly appriciated :D

My raw diet ( for my 2 Kelpies) Liver ( either pork, beef, chicken, lamb) Muscle meat from either ( beef, lamb, chicken, Roo, goat) <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">They also get raw salmon or oily fishes

That's not a very complete diet :)

..and liver is illegal to feed in tas :(

Make sure most, if not all meat is on bone ..so there are sinews, skin, and bone for the dogs to chew and benefit from.. Can you find hald heads of pig.sheep ? Dogs usually love them .

Raw fish is good :)

Is there anywhere you can get whole fresh chickens? (as in plucked only ..but gut left in) ?

or frozen day olds - like what is fed to reptiles?

I would think a few of them each day would be a great source of extras for dogs ? :)

Hi there,

My approach to raw feeding is 70% muscle meat/fats, 20% bone, 5% liver and 5% other organs.

The green tripe makes up part of the muscle meat component.

When we first moved back to Australia it took a while to find a source of green tripe. In the meantime I fed a probiotic, "green" powder supplement; Dr Bruce's Skin and Coat Formula. But it was a huge relief to find somewhere to get the tripe. The dogs go nuts in the morning when they know it's tripe-time!

We do feed a lot of fish (salmon) but also supplement with Omega 3 as farmed salmon can still be low in this high value oil. I would definitely recommend doing both.

We feed as many different types and parts of animals as we can get our hands on, although almost everything is human grade. The tripe comes from a human grade abattoir and we also feed chicken feet, wings, quarters, frames plus duck, lamb, beef and roo. Hearts are a high quality protein and double as an organ component.

If you optimise variety you will provide balance over time :-)