How Long Does It Take For A Schnauzer To Train

Waldo is crate rested at the moment so I bought him a Kong wobble feeder to keep him occupied.

My six year old niece stayed for the weekend. We both gave Waldo breakfast in his Kong toy. Within moments niece is using her hand to wobble the Kong for him because "he couldn't do it with his sore foot." All he had to do was lie down and look cute and he got pats through the crate and treats from the Kong. rofl1.gif

Kept them both happy. Funny how he managed it on his own this morning.

Isn't it ironic that we buy all sorts of treats and rewards to train our dogs....but they don't need any to train a person!!! :laugh:

Yep! He worked it all out and had her trained without a clicker or jackpots!

And you should have seen his helpless expression. Pathetic!

Awww that is too cute!

But I would have thought it would take a little longer to train a 67 year old man, right? .... WRONG!

My boy has an athritis like condition where sometimes he gets sore and hops around on 3 legs. This might happen once a week after he has been lying down. But over the weekend we stayed with my parents and from the second he saw my Dad to the second he got out of the car back at home he hopped around on 3 legs.

Why you ask? Well Dad carries around a bag full of treats in his pocket(think fresh chicken, bacon, toast crusts) and feeds him continiously because in Dads words 'the poor lad has a sore leg and it makes him feel better' :rofl:

Hmmm you think he has him trained much? :laugh:

I also can't stress enough how the second we got home (its an hours drive) he was miraculously better and running around like a lunatic!

Awww that is too cute!

But I would have thought it would take a little longer to train a 67 year old man, right? .... WRONG!

My boy has an athritis like condition where sometimes he gets sore and hops around on 3 legs. This might happen once a week after he has been lying down. But over the weekend we stayed with my parents and from the second he saw my Dad to the second he got out of the car back at home he hopped around on 3 legs.

Why you ask? Well Dad carries around a bag full of treats in his pocket(think fresh chicken, bacon, toast crusts) and feeds him continiously because in Dads words 'the poor lad has a sore leg and it makes him feel better' :rofl:

Hmmm you think he has him trained much? :laugh:

I also can't stress enough how the second we got home (its an hours drive) he was miraculously better and running around like a lunatic!

Love it!!!!!