Advice On Owning A Big Dog And A Little Dog

Hooray! Goldies are very special dogs, total love machines. :thumbsup:

Another tip with exercising- being retrievers, most Goldies love playing fetch, which should make it much easier for you to exercise both dogs once your pup has matured.

I can't advise on breeders, we opted to adopt from Golden Retriever rescue, but if you pop into the GR breed thread they should be able to point you in the right direction. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray! Goldies are very special dogs, total love machines. :thumbsup:

Another tip with exercising- being retrievers, most Goldies love playing fetch, which should make it much easier for you to exercise both dogs once your pup has matured.

I can't advise on breeders, we opted to adopt from Golden Retriever rescue, but if you pop into the GR breed thread they should be able to point you in the right direction. :)

Is that yours in the photos? What a gorgeous looking pup!

Yes we figured if we start obedience early and get the recall down pat we can play fetch with the GR while we walk our frenchie (her recall has and always will be hopeless :() but if this doesn't end up working out it's not a big deal, my husband and I agreed we would take turns taking one dog each every morning during the week, giving them the adequate exercise they need, then meeting up at the office where they'll hopefully spend the day lazing about/playing with each other :laugh: right now our frenchie is a delight to have in the office but can be a distraction as all she wants to do is play with everyone! Though I'm not sure we will remedy the situation by adding a cute GR puppy to the mix :rofl::laugh: ah well, I read that having dogs in the office is great for relieving work related stress......... or something like that :)

I have a German shepherd and a shih tzu x pup They are only together fully supervised but are so cute together. The shepherd lays down to play with the pup.

post-29093-0-69196900-1369119176_thumb.jpg

Edited by jazzie