I Can't Decide What Camera

Rainers

I had a bit of a love hate relationship with the 7D, a friend has it now and loving it!

Ah the 1DX wouldn't all us Canon shooters love one of them babies! We can dream I guess!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got it yet, still saving up the extra few bucks. But I got one place down to $1600 so that's where I'll get it from.

My 50D is still chugging along :) I mostly use it with the 70-200 F4.

Love this one I got of a little boy the other week :)

425199_467727243308593_800951397_n.jpg

Tlc do you have anymore 6D shots you could share?

I have heaps that I could share, how to choose, I will upload a few of my favourites so far!

Whoops forgot to add beautiful Picture of the little boy!

Edited by tlc

Sorry for the over load, tried to do a bit of a cross section, sorry I haven't got more kid shots to share, I haven't had a chance to give my 85mm a good try out on people yet.

All of the above were taken with the 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/4, 85mm

The only one with flash is the flower bud in the first lot.

The high iso performance is amazing!

untitled11of11_zpse235108c.jpg

:rofl:

untitled1of1_zpscec337b1.jpg

:love:

Great shots tlc

I have a friend who is about to get a new camera and was going to get the 7D but has now been convinced to get the 6D after many recommendations.

I've just got a new camera, upgraded from a 40D to a 5D and I am really enjoying the full frame.

Another thing to think about if you go the 6D you could buy Sigma or Tamron lenses to save a bit, you've probably already thought of that but just thought I would mention it. If you want Aussie stock rather than grey I recommend digiDirect.com.au they have the 6D for just under 2k, I was able to get a discount of a few hundred off my 5D which I bought from them so you should be able to get a good deal there.

Thanks G139, the cheese shots were great, hard to convince the big fella he was allowed up to the bench to lick the cheese, not sure if you can tell the big pile of cheese is actually out of his reach and the little bit in front he could get to for the shot. I got some beauties in this set. :laugh:

Your right about the sigma lenses, my 24-70 is Sigma and while still not cheap, much cheaper than the canon and does an excellent job. Well i think so!

I guess another thing worth pointing out is these pics are reduced in size and quality for uploading so all under 1mb, the full size images are amazing! I will be really interested to see what you think of the full frame when you get it.

G139, have you noticed a lot of difference comparing the FF to the crop?

Thanks G139, the cheese shots were great, hard to convince the big fella he was allowed up to the bench to lick the cheese, not sure if you can tell the big pile of cheese is actually out of his reach and the little bit in front he could get to for the shot. I got some beauties in this set. :laugh:

Your right about the sigma lenses, my 24-70 is Sigma and while still not cheap, much cheaper than the canon and does an excellent job. Well i think so!

I can see that with the different DOF now that you have said that but I admit I didn't notice to begin with. I showed my OH and he said "oh so now it's funny... when I take photos of ours being naughty you tell me off" It's true I tell him not to encourage it, but now I know that you planned this shot :laugh:

I think your Sigma lenses do an excellent job too, that's why I mentioned it even though I have the canon. Since I went for the more expensive body it meant I could only get one lens and whilst the 24-70 is quite versatile I am wondering if I would have been better to get two non Canon brand lenses instead.

I guess another thing worth pointing out is these pics are reduced in size and quality for uploading so all under 1mb, the full size images are amazing! I will be really interested to see what you think of the full frame when you get it.

G139, have you noticed a lot of difference comparing the FF to the crop?

Huge difference, but my 40D is fairly old now and the lens I was using on it wasn't great. I took photos at Vivid on Saturday night and there is no way the 40D would have coped with the low light but the 5D performed great. Not that I will be using it for night photography often but it will certainly help in overcast conditions as well.

I have had to get used to the reduced zoom, the old lens was a 28-105 on a crop now I have a 24-70 on a FF, but it's made me less lazy too and I think I am getting nicer shots out of it as a result. Also I can get closer to the dogs so it is easier for me to keep their attention which is always useful :) I would love a 70-200 F/2.8 though...

I would love that lens too but not sure I could lug it around! :laugh: Seriously though if you want the 70-200 why not go the f/4 its awesome and combined with the low light capabilities your 5D has to offer you would still take awesome shots with it in low light situations. 24-70 and 70 - 200 perfect kit! However in saying that I do still love prime lenses, the 85mm is awesome!

I only payed around $600 for my 70-200 f/4 at DWI

I would love that lens too but not sure I could lug it around! :laugh:

Especially on the 5D body which already weighs a ton compared to what I am used to. I tried the 70-200 on in the shop, it was the old model though which is slightly heavier again, I am going to have to start doing weights again if I do want to get it :laugh:

That's a big difference $600 compared to over 2k, definitely something for me to think about. But the hard decision is choosing if I want another zoom lens or a prime as a second lens. OH has always loved 35mm and 50mm but now I am thinking I want an 85mm since I have been looking at your photos. I asked my colleagues at work what they would get as they are both photography nuts and now I have sparked quite a heated discussion as they can't agree! Oops! The 50mm f/1.4 is such a good price though I think it is hard to go past.

Sorry for hiacking a bit Rainers

Edited by Gertrude139

I guess it depends what you want to shoot. The 70-200 is a great all rounder. I love it for the dogs running at me from a distance plus I use it for our dog traing photos all the time, it give me the reach I need.

The 85mm for what it costs is amazing.

G139, do you have Facebook?

I guess it depends what you want to shoot. The 70-200 is a great all rounder. I love it for the dogs running at me from a distance plus I use it for our dog traing photos all the time, it give me the reach I need.

The 85mm for what it costs is amazing.

G139, do you have Facebook?

No I don't but my OH does, sometime I use his to look at stuff

Thanks tlc :) Did you find it weird to lose the 'reach' of the longer lenses?

I didn't see your post tucked away in amongst the others.

I have never really used a long zoom previously, I had only used the 70-200 a few times on the 7D before getting the 6D so I really didn't notice it.I do use the 650D for my dog training days and its good for a little extra reach. I guess it is what you get used to. You will probly notice it if your using your 70-200 a lot but you won't care once you see the difference of the Full Frame, you will just learn to get a bit closer! I really only use the 650D for dog training due to not wanting the 6D to get to grotty and bumping around at my side while I'm training.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooh exciting! What did you end up deciding on?

I didn't get any cards with my new camera as I already had a few I was using with my old camera, but I got sick of the slow write speed and they are small sized so I ordered a new one from Amazon which arrived today. It was about 50% of the price in store and since it is Sandisk it has a lifetime warranty worldwide.