Happy Birthday Fraser

Sticks1977

My wonderful chocolate labrador, Fraser would have been turning six years old today.

You were a wonderful companion and friend and I could not have asked for a better introduction to caring for another four legged pal. You were my responsibility and it does still cut deeply that you had to go... 15th September 2009 is still a hard day to revisit but I am really glad to know that all the wonderful memories and experiences we shared outshine that day.

I remember going on long adventurous walks with you - one in particular remains etched in my memory.

Walking along a path at the local football oval on a winters night - Thursday... you stopped being alerted to something in the distance, turns out it was the shadow of both of us reflecting off a back fence from the floodlights on the football oval. You looked up at me and I said "that's you... and me..."

Still have small reminders of you when I least expect it - driving and seeing a sign pointing to 'Longwarry' and remembering this is where you were born.

I now have Henry in my life... another chocolate labrador - he will never replace you Fraser but he is a good boy and I'm sure you are proud that I am giving my heart and attention to ensure Henry has a great life, he's three years old now and will be four in November.

This day is about you though mate - it's your birthday and a day to celebrate your life and remember all the wonderful times. Have a great day up at the 'rainbow bridge' - make sure you get some "tucker".

Lots of Love...

Shaun xoxoxoxoxoxo

post-20004-0-81304800-1369780167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sticks1977

Guest Clover

I too remember and cannot believe the years have gone by. What a lovely tribute to a good mate. Rest easy Fraser.