Offleash Parks Near Melbourne Airport

mirawee

What parks would people recommend taking dogs to for a run near Tullamarine airport? We are flying over from Perth and wouldn't mind giving the dogs a run after they get off the plane.

Fully fenced would be a bonus since my dogs are more used to running free on our own property rather than near roads!

What parks would people recommend taking dogs to for a run near Tullamarine airport? We are flying over from Perth and wouldn't mind giving the dogs a run after they get off the plane.

Fully fenced would be a bonus since my dogs are more used to running free on our own property rather than near roads!

there are no fenced off lead parks in the general vacinity, but there off lead parks 10 mins down the road in westmeadows/gladstone park.

the airport itself is in the middle of no where so there wont be any within walking distance I am afraid :(

Doesn't have to be right near the airport :) We are staying at Airport West since the shows are at Bulla. Travelling 30 mins from that area is not a problem at all :) Particularly as we have to find a Bunnings anyway :laugh:

Hello,

The fenced park I know of in the area is Whittlesea Public Gardens in Lalor and it is a great a great off lead park, not sure there will be many dogs there as when I have been I have only run into a few dogs. The park has agility equipment which is fun!

I looked on google and it is about a 16 minute drive from the airport, there is also a Bunnings in Broadmeadows which depending on which route you take could easily be passed on the way to the park.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?safe=strict&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48175248,d.aGc&biw=1920&bih=979&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=whittlesea+public+gardens&fb=1&gl=au&hq=whittlesea+public+gardens&hnear=whittlesea+public+gardens&cid=0,0,16605326117859917035&sa=X&ei=PJDCUarBAuWViQfy1YHAAw&ved=0CIEBEPwSMAM

If you want a park with a lot of dogs Clayton Reserve in North Melbourne which is fenced and usually has plenty of dogs there not as exciting as Whittlesea Public Gardens as it is just a paddock. It is also further away from the airport but definitely within 30mins drive.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?safe=strict&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48175248,d.aGc&biw=1920&bih=979&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=whittlesea+public+gardens&fb=1&gl=au&hq=whittlesea+public+gardens&hnear=whittlesea+public+gardens&cid=0,0,16605326117859917035&sa=X&ei=PJDCUarBAuWViQfy1YHAAw&ved=0CIEBEPwSMAM

I have a blog that reviews dog parks and I have recently reviewed Whittlesea Public Gardens but forgot to take my camera so unfortunately that one does not have photos. I will also be adding a review for Clayton Reserve with pics in the next couple of days.

it is www.raidenreviews.blogspot.com

You could also try looking on www.pawclub.com.au

So Bulla has a fenced area? Sounds good as we can also check out where we need to be the next day :thumbsup:

We stupidly booked in for the 6am flight since it was cheaper than the 10am one which means we will be there before lunch :rofl: