Computer Issue

I have relocated to another place for a month and have my computer with me but have a Telstra dongle inserted but cannot send emails, I apparently have to connect to Grapevine for my emails (I am connected to the internet though) my computer guy isn't available at the moment so need help to know where I need to go to hook into Grapevine.

Maree

CPR

What system are you running on your computer? Windows 7, XP, Vista, Mac?

Edited by Ams

Below are the step-by-step instructions to set up your Windows 7 machine on the TransACT VDSL network. This guide is only applicable if you have a single Windows 7 PC connected directly to the TransACT equipment or supplied Ethernet wall-socket.

This guide does not apply when using a purchased router unless it is in "Bridged Mode". Please refer to your router manual and setup guide

If you experience any problems, please contact Grapevine Technical Support on 133 500 (option 3)

If you experience any problems, please contact Grapevine Technical Support on 13 35 00 (option 3)

1)Load Computer from the start menu (Start > Computer)

2)Click on "Network and Internet".

3)Click on "Internet Options".

4)Click on the "Connections" tab at the top.

5)Click on the "Add..." button.

6)Select "Broadband (PPPoE)".

7)

• Type in your username and password in the appropriate fields. Ensure your username is your full username including the @ symbol and realm (domain).
  • Tick Remember this password.
  • Type in the Connection name as Grapevine.
  • Click Connect.

8)Windows will now connect you to the Internet and create a shortcut on your desktop.

9)You should now be connected to Grapevine.

Note: "Speed: 100.0 Mbps" or "Speed: 10 Mbps" or "Speed: 1000 Mbps" only is applicable between the Network Interface Card and the device on the other end of the Network Cable. This does not state your connection speed to the TransACT network.