Who Needs Expensive Puzzle Toys?!

When I'm going out at night I leave the dogs kibble in various empty food containers give them something to do. The food's always gone, and the containers mostly destroyed, when I get home but I've never watched them go through the process of getting all the food out.

I decided to do the same tonight even though I'm home as I didn't get to take them out today so they were restless (and being annoying :o ). It's hilarious!!

I used an empty water bottle, an empty peanut butter jar still with traces if pb, and the cardboard box from a wine cask. Quinn's pretty good at pushing the containers around so the kibble falls out and Saxon basically just followed behind her hoovering up the bits she didn't eat, but Riley's the funniest - his solution to getting kibble out of the wine box was to stick his whole head inside the open top and then lift his head up so the box is covering it but the kibble falls out past his head! Then he stumbled around with the box stuck on his head until he managed to pull it off with his paws and then finally got to eat the kibble on the floor :laugh: :laugh:

Jager loves coke bottles. If we have a 1.25lt bottle i give it to him, he spends about 30mins chasing it around the floor licking the end trying to get the dribble of coke that is always left in the bottom. By the time he gives up the bottle is crushed and squished. It is the PERFECT to use as a treat dispenser :) Put a handful of treats in it, give it a shake so that they work their way to the bottom around all the crushed sides. It usually then takes him anywhere from 15mins to 1.5 hours to get it all out. Depending on how crushed the bottle was to begin with.

Note 1: remove lid and plastic ring

Note 2: if you have floorboards - make sure you are out of the house, the noise will drive you crazy! :crazy:

kc, I have a feeling the bottle would be destroyed in an effort to get to the yummy stuff quickly here, patience is not Quinn's strong suit :laugh:

As a summer treat you can freeze yummy things in an ice block using an empty icecream container. Take it out of the container & just give them the ice block, no mess. I usually just throw handfuls of kibble around the yard when I'm going out. Distracts the dogs from watching us leave.