Barking And Neighbours Complaint

WildatHeart

I would like to say well done .You clearly have taken this with a thoughtful level head.

I own little dogs and when they play they bark and when someone goes by they bark I hate it but I also know its part of their way and their breed .Im also always home when this happens so am quick to shh them.

My neighbour isn"t and her two dogs bark day and night and night is anywhere upto 4am .Ive informed her dropped leaflets in her letter box and for a while she had one of them de-barked not sure how as Ive never done it but it only lasts a short time so whatever that is she does.

Her other neighbour actually sold up and moved .Council had been called several times however they claim they sat outside and heard nothing while the neighbours claim they don"t either. We have filmed them (from behind our fence) (just set up the video camera and came inside) and Ive been keeping a diary .

Ive asked around and everyone will admit they hear them but aren"t willing to complain don"t know why .Even the daughter who lives there has pleaded with her mother who owns the dog to do something.

However Ive also stood out the front of my house and heard these dogs barking who live behind me and it could be mistaken that it was from my house!

This person never walks her dogs so to some they maynot even know she in fact owns any BUT as we walk ours everyday everyone has seen us with little dogs so hubby says don"t say anything about the neighbours dogs in case they think its our dogs ..

I do hope things get better for you and your dogs you must truly have some good neighbours for many these days wouldn"t warn you first SorryI don"t have any real advice I haven"t been in your situation Good Luck with it all :)

Guest hankodie

A little OT but Skype is a great way to check in on your dogs if you have it on your computer and iPhone (or work computer). I have a Skype account that I set up to auto-answer when I call from my iPhone or office computer. I can routinely check in on my frenchie when I am out of the house. This of course only works if your dog is indoors for most of the time but it's helped me gauge what my dog's behaviour is like when I am not home. She usually sleeps but sometimes barks and carries on a bit at the neighbours dog (if I catch her doing this I tell her off sternly through the computer, much to her confusion :laugh:) I think a similar sort of video set up where you can record your dogs as others have suggested would be a good way to go about solving the problem. Hope you sort it out soon :)