Sensitive Spots

Once in a while, my boy has a sensitive spot. You know the ones you touch and his hind legs automatically gets triggers into scratching. It comes and goes. I'm wondering whether anyone has found a remedy to this?

Also any kibble recommendations that is good for allergies or sensitive skin?

You need to determine if his allergies are food related or not; there's no point chopping and changing his diet. With your vet's guidance you could do an elimination diet (one new protein + one new carbohydrate) for 4 to 6 weeks. No treats, no flavored tablets etc....

Chances are it is probably not food related; seeing a dermatologist would be a good idea if his scratching is quite severe.

Otherwise, a few people on here recommend Calendula tea as a topical (or full body rinse) treatment to soothe the itchy spots. I haven't had any results on it sadly.

Other topical ointments (as recommended by my dermatologist) are alpha Keri lotion (quite inexpensive from the chemist, and my dog flips over to have her belly ointed so it must feel good!) and Paw calming gel

http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/d/25523/19/grooming/paw-pure-animal-wellbeing-triderm-calming-gel---75ml/

She also advised us to use the Paw shampoo and conditioner (and to not rinse off the conditioner)

You need to determine if his allergies are food related or not; there's no point chopping and changing his diet. With your vet's guidance you could do an elimination diet (one new protein + one new carbohydrate) for 4 to 6 weeks. No treats, no flavored tablets etc....

Chances are it is probably not food related; seeing a dermatologist would be a good idea if his scratching is quite severe.

Otherwise, a few people on here recommend Calendula tea as a topical (or full body rinse) treatment to soothe the itchy spots. I haven't had any results on it sadly.

Other topical ointments (as recommended by my dermatologist) are alpha Keri lotion (quite inexpensive from the chemist, and my dog flips over to have her belly ointed so it must feel good!) and Paw calming gel

http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/d/25523/19/grooming/paw-pure-animal-wellbeing-triderm-calming-gel---75ml/

She also advised us to use the Paw shampoo and conditioner (and to not rinse off the conditioner)

Thanks. Do the ointments work on your dog. The Keri lotion is for humans right? I'm sure he will lick at it, is it okay?