What To Do With Insurance Company?

whitka

Im with the RSPCA pet insurance and they wont let me claim anything because I don't have Toby's vet history past last year. My old vet died and the clinic had closed down so I cant get Toby's past vet history from them. Should I ring the insurance company and explain why or just not bother and look at insurance else where? Will anyone accept that I don't have his past vet history?

Edited by whitka

Have you spoken to the RSPCA? If not, that would be my first port of call. I'm with PetPlan and, with one of my dogs being a rescue, I had no background or previous history to give them and they have paid out with no issues.

I haven't rang them yet. Was just wondering if this was normal for pet insurance companies as im sure not everyone can give a full vet history for there pets.

Will defiantly be changing insurance companies, talked to a few different people and no one was helpful.

Edited by whitka

You need to do a stat dec and state everything relevant - name of old vet practice, date it closed down etc etc. It would also help if your current vet could state his/her evaluation of Toby's health history e.g. desexed or not, no evidence of any operations other than desexing etc.

It's a pain but some pet insurance providers get themselves into a big knot over past history and you need some sort of "official" document to navigate past it.