Limping, But Only At Night

PuddleDuck

This seems a bit weird, so I thought I would ask here

Last night, after we put the girlchild went to bed, bear came out of her room limping on her right front leg. I checked it out and there is a bit of heat and stiffness in the wrist joint but she wasn't too upset about it (she has absolutely no pain tolerance) so I figured we'd keep an eye on it and go to the vet today.

This morning, she was fine, no limping or stiffness and spent the day merrily playing away with the girlchild, running and jumping and everything so we figured she was ok and we'd miss the vet. But tonight, after bear and I came out from putting the girlchild to bed, she's limping again and the joint is stiff and warm again.

I'm really a bit confused because she ONLY limps after the girlchild goes to bed. Bear is obsessed with the girlchild but this just seems odd. I'm thinking I'll keep the kid out tomorrow so she can rest, but thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has any theories on why she would only be lame at night?

I am the same (kinda) - I have a bad ankle, from rolling it at basketball and then falling off my bike (yup), that hurts in the morning for around 5 minutes after I wake. The rest of the day it is fine.

I am guessing she is feeling sore at night after a day of action and then ready to go again in the morning.

Could it be the start of something else?

KP

She's had a few days of rest and painkillers and seems to be getting better but is thoroughly depressed that she hasn't been allowed on the slide, trampoline or to play 'chase the water' while the girlchild plays with her water squirty toys. And I've had to hide all the tennis balls. She still limps a bit at night but it's definitely improving. It does amuse me that she couldn't care less about missing walks but if the girlchild has a turn on the slide and bear doesn't get to go after her it's the saddest most terrible thing that ever happened :laugh:

She's only 5 so I don't think it's arthritic changes but I will keep an eye on that leg in particular.

Thanks guys! Any tips on how to cheer her up? :laugh: