Digby, My Shrinking Violet

raineth

Over the last month or so, Digby has lost muscle tone. The bone on the top of his head is more prominent, and he no longer has definition in his rear end (he used to!).

He is a 'giant' and 6 years old, so I wonder if it's just part and parcel of becoming a bit older. Although he seems very healthy.

I haven't weighed him, but when I had him in really nice condition he weighed about 58 kgs. He was so muscly and fit. I think he must only weigh a little over 50 kgs as a guess now.

He is still on the same diet and exercise.

I haven't had a giant reach this age as my previous giant died young, so I'm not sure what to expect in regards to them being middle aged?

Raineth has he had a vet check up and some bloods taken to make sure nothing untoward is going on? As dogs get older a yearly health check up can be useful to mark their health so you can quickly pick up on a decline. With a giant breed you may wish 6 monthly check ups.

Raineth has he had a vet check up and some bloods taken to make sure nothing untoward is going on? As dogs get older a yearly health check up can be useful to mark their health so you can quickly pick up on a decline. With a giant breed you may wish 6 monthly check ups.

Yes I think I'll do that Ams. He hasn't been to the vet in a very long time as he's been a healthy boy. At least then I will be able to put my mind at ease as its been niggling at me since I noticed it a few weeks ago.