Itchy Staffy

Guest Lobo's Cheeky Chops
jax is booked into the vets this afternoon

hey debb :D

good luck this afternoon

let us know how ya go :(

:( so sad my little chubby bubby has to stay at the vets all today & they are going to be testing him for allergies l think as the oh took him to the vets last night

he was a brave little boy & they gave him an injection of something to help with the itching which did & as well he is on antibotics which he takes on it own

he is such a good little boy

hope that they discover what the problem is

regards debb

My Stafy X Kelpie has food and atopic allergies.... if you do a search in the health section with the term "allergies" you can find posts from me on what we do for Zayda....

Asher (AmStaff) has a contact allergy.... and he is very sensitive to chemicals and preservatives...

*sigh* Staffies... gota love em, but hate their sensitivities!!!!

Good luck...

Dan

My staffy bindi had a skin allergy a few months back, lost the hair around her right eye. :thumbsup: I used cortizone cream from the vet, but it seemed to make it worse, so I purchased a honey based cream from the chemist for dermititis, that seemed to sooth it. But cut out everything but her dry food and that seemed to help. Its all cleared up now.

Did a lot of research and it is quite common in staffies, especially young ones, though the majority usually grow out of it. I hope so. But will keep her on her dry food, with a couple of chicken necks and meaty bones a couple of times a week.

Hope your puppy grows out of it. :cry:

Edited by bow wow

Guest siemens716

I dont have a staffy, but i give my dogs extra virgin olive oil, egg yolk, and milk at least once a week.

These natural oils and proteins help with itchy skin.

Did a lot of research and it is quite common in staffies, especially young ones, though the majority usually grow out of it.

If it is a true allergy they will not grow out of it. A lot of skin conditions & other diseases (such as puppy staff, mange, hypothiroidism...) get miss labled as allergies.

A true allergy is for life :thumbsup:

Dan

Edited by zayda_asher

hi guys

well the vet has tested jax for mites etc with skin scrappings nothing found

so he has been sent home with revoultion to apply & malasab twice before we take

him back this thursday

can malasab be very drying to the skin

he seems happier so we are going to keep to the "no red meat" & watching what

we give him as well as trying to see if he is hanging around a plant that he should not be

he is a good little tacker akes his antibotic no prob's

thanks guys for all the advice

cheers debb