Spratts Comb

dollygirl

Hi there,

Haven't been around for a long long time and have been dogless for 3 years after loosing my little Schnauzer...twas broken hearted.I am picking up my new puppy in just over a week, An English Springer Spaniel, very excited.

I have a fair bit of experience grooming Cocker Spaniels...however it was way back in the 70's and 80's.

At that time we used a comb called Spratts 76, for carding/stripping the coat.

I leant mine many years ago and it was never returned, always thought it would be easily replaced but not the case anymore.

So I have found a company in the UK - Diamond Edge...however the price is 17 pounds and 38 pounds delivery! Does anyone know where they can be purchased preferably in AU or at least at a more reasonable delivery cost.

Any help would be wonderful!

I love sprats combs and use them as a professional groomer. I get them from the uk as I haven't found them over here either. I don't mind paying they are worth it!

I'd also be interested to know if they are available here at a reasonable price.

My next choice brand wise would be Chris Christensen and then the original Greyhound brand.

Ooh, thanks for the link!

Edited by skyefool

I love sprats combs and use them as a professional groomer. I get them from the uk as I haven't found them over here either. I don't mind paying they are worth it!

I'd also be interested to know if they are available here at a reasonable price.

My next choice brand wise would be Chris Christensen and then the original Greyhound brand.

Ooh, thanks for the link!

Thanks for your reply!

Which Chris Christensen comb could you use for stripping a Spaniels coat

I just looked and I don't think the CC range has one as fine as the 76, which is 22 teeth to the inch. Even my CC face comb that i use in the bath to pick of eye boogers and pooberries isnt that fine.

I'd stick with what you know and love!