Recommend Wire Frame Dog Muzzle?

Ren

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a good wire frame dog muzzle to replace my plastic Jafco.

I'm a little confused with all the styles around.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I'd like it to be lightweight, maximum airflow and able to treat through (if that's possible?).

Thanks

edit: I don't think I need to go into sizing, but this is for mesocephalic snout type.

Edited by Ren

The "Baskerville" is easier to get food treats into. I cut holes in the sides of the Jafco, just be careful not to leave a sharp corner or the plastic could tear. From memory (it's been a while) I just cut between a few of the existing holes.

Aidan2 already mentioned the Baskerville and I'm going to recommend that one too although it's not wire framed. Most people I know that regularly use muzzles have one and love it. Only thing is if you have a rock eater it probably won't stop the dog from picking up small stones.

The baskerville is rubbish, designed by people who know nothing about dogs.

If you want a decent wire frame get one from www.fordogtrainers.com. It's stainless steel and leather, they will last you a lifetime. Incredibly strong yet light and safe for the dog, I've had one for about 6 years now and it still looks like new.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Brandiandwe: Good idea, never thought about seeing if a vet had any.

Thanks also for your kind offer, I'm after a muzzle for a mixed breed (so not a greyhound) but thank you regardless :)

Aidan and Black Jackal: Thank you for the recommendation!

I was wondering about these but thought the ventilation may be a tad better with a wire frame.

Nekhbet: Thank you for the recommendation too. I think I might go ahead and order from that site. Thanks!