Deceased Neighbours Dog

Hi

Hopefully this in the right spot. Posting on behalf of a work collegue who is investigating avenues for rehoming her neighbours whippet. Unfortuately her neighbour passed away just before Easter & has left behind her Whippet.

At this stage she has been told her neighbours family are unable to take on the dog and a friend of her neighbour has said she would take the Whippet to the RSPCA at Rockhampton as a friend works there & would make sure she went to a good home.

My work collegue is concerned about this idea & knows that the dog would not cope in a pound environment and would like to avoid this. She goes over and feeds and plays with the dog a couple of times a day but she is missing her owner and would suit someone who is home a lot like her last owner. They are also not able to take the dog.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what they may need to look at if they are able to re-home and who to contact. I will see if they know her breeder to see if they can touch base with them but are there other organisations or people they can discuss this with? They are based on Brisbane's northside.

Melinda, I'm on the northside of Brisbane and have two Whippies of my own, I can temporary foster care this dog if it means she stays out of a pound. I homeschool my kids and also work a lot from home so plenty of company for her. I have also fostered for rescue groups so not inexperienced. Feel free to pm me.

Edited by Working Dog Lover

Melinda,

I'm up in Townsville but know of people in Rockhampton, Brisbane and up this way as well that can help if your friend would like to contact me (mobile is 0418 219 071) - would love to see this whippy find another home. The Queensland Whippet Club will have people on their waiting list.

Cheers for now

Cristina Fornasier

Update - a friend of the neighbour contacted my work collegue after finding out she had passed and Georga has gone home with her. Unfortuately Georga is not well, so she will live out her days with the friend. This was discovered when the son organised for a vet to come out to them to discuss options as she was quite depressed and it was discovered she has some renal issues. The son was going to take Georga home to SA with him however he and his mothers friend realised it would be very hard on her for such a long trip. So she will be pampered and cared for by someone she knows.

Thank you for help!