Tell Me Everything You Know About Arousal

I can find no trace of any drive except food in Jakey. Does Del kind of wind up and then go over the top or is it more like an instant switch? I wonder if there's different styles . You know how there's some people who just get silly excited and then there's those who go from woe to go in a second.

RR's (for example) tend to "course" - where they do zoomies and randomly switch directions without pausing. "Lure Coursing" is an activity that many RR owners partake in. If I haven't taken my boy out for a while where he can let loose to do this, he will tend to go a bit spare around our yard, but in a more scatty sort of way. It's just something he 'needs' to do. If I work him in 'drive' (even just with tug) he's a bit less inclined and if he does, it's not with the same degree of 'scatty-ness'.

Have you tried training Del when she's wound up? The rough approach that's worked with Jake is obedience around dogs, he doesn't have to like them just has to listen to me. At home he has an " okay when I feel like it attitude," whilst at training he channels his inner border collie and is a whole lot more responsive. There is a house that had about 4 really loud rude dogs that would really get him going so I stopped walking that way. Then I decided they were a good training distraction and would walk near enough to wind him up and get some good training. The dogs have now moved so today I trained on their side of the road. After about a minute of fussing and leaping around I got some super dog training. He was so focused that I actually had him going up, sit and down just by mouthing the words with no sound. Maybe she would be the same? I just had to calmly but firmly ride out that first bit and then he was great.