Jack Russell

Hi All

It's been a while since I have posted.

We have brought a Jack Russell puppy and he just wont seem to listen to a single thing I say I have tried postive reward and treats as a part of his training but nothing seems to be working.

I also have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and she listens beautifully and I guess was easy to train compared to our Jack Russell.

Any ideas that would help with training would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

He is 12 weeks and we do spend time alone with him as he is indoors and our Stafford is inside and outside.

We are just trying the basics as in sit come for now he is just really stubborn.

He fights the lead but we keep on keeping on with the training and lead :)

Edited by staffy2

His meals can be rewards !

training formally should only be 5 minutes or so a few times a day - but general communication/learning is 24/7 ;)

before he gets his dinner /breakfast/lunch ..he is still for a few seconds,and has the lead attached ;) NO still/attached lead- NO food . Simple.

have his food with you ..call him , don't talk ..just let him settle .When he does, clip on teh lead ... tell him Good boy ... give him dinner ...something like that :)

I am no formal training person ...

By NOT speaking to him a lot at first ...he will learn to watch/listen - cos he knows then that when you do say his name ... it is something fun/good/yummy , which he needs to do a little bit of thinking to get - but it's well worth it!!

Guest Clover

He is a baby it will take time. Just do very short training sessions with him. If he does not listen or tends to take off pop a light lead on him.