French Brittany Breeders

Terrence

Hello. When I lived in the States, I used to hunt with a French style Brittany, as opposed to the American ones. I would like to get another, and I was wondering which breeders breed the French and which breed the American? I am hoping there is somebody on here who knows the answer so that I do not have to call all of the breeders.

Thank you, Terrence.

If you call any of the Brittany Breeders they will be able to tell you who breeds what. Most of them know each other and know who has litters, I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you out. A lot of breeders have waiting lists for their pups, so phoning and getting your name on a list wouldn't be a bad thing. I do know that an American/French lined litter has not long been born in Melbourne. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity what are the differences between the Lines? It's always nice to hear this kind of information with people who have had experiences with them and I've only ever met a few Brittanys, far too few to learn much about them.

You could contact the club, Club L'Epagneul Breton, based in Victoria, they can tell you who breeds which type and maybe who has puppies planned as well. They have a website.

Differences in terms of hunting, some people in the states(I read this on the internet a lot :)) think the French Brits hunt closer to their handlers and are therefore more suitable for rough shooters/foot hunters, if that is the case no one has told ours that :)

We live in NZ and ours was bred here and has some relatives that were exported to Australia and have been bred there.