Sydney - Small Cat Friendly Dog Wanted

I'm trying to help someone who is finding it difficult to find the right dog and that Petrescue is overwhelming.

The person is in a townhouse and has an elderly cat. Person currently works from home although this does mean time out for appointments.

The ideal dog will be as follows (please don't post pound dogs unless you know that they fit the criteria exactly):

* 3-5 yrs of age

* male or female

* easy care coat - wiry or short (not a dog that needs grooming)

* good with cats

* good with children (person babysits young grandchildren)

* good in the car

The person can housetrain and has a dog door onto a small courtyard. I have foster dogs but they don't fit the age criteria nor do they like cats!

The person has trialled a lovely little dog but the dog had severe separation anxiety and although they followed all my suggestions, the dog was obviously very miserable as it refused to eat and nothing tempted the poor little thing. Without disclosing details, I believe the dog had never lived as an only dog before. This obviously caused an awful upset which the person doesn't want to repeat.

A suitable dog is most likely in foster care with someone experienced who knows the dog will cope in the above environment.

Does anyone have a suitable dog?

EDITED - I've spoken again to the potential owner today and they are happy to take an older dog in good health. Yay.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

• 4 weeks later...