Carpets And Dog Fur

suziwong66

I know some of you already use a squeegee for picking up dog fur from the carpet but I thought i'd share a particular brand that i came across today.

It's commercial grade and the screw on head and handle are sold separately. It's Vikan brand. I go through a lot of domestic squeegees; they've usually been bought from Woolies, Big W, Kmart and the like. They just don't stand up to the rigours of de-fur-ing the carpet of fur from two labs, and wear out or break pretty quick.

Today, I was in a commercial food supply store (mostly butchering industry supply - MBL Food Service on Hanson Rd, Athol Park) here in Adelaide I came across the squeegee heads - there were a number of sizes to choose from; i chose one that's about double the length of the domestic ones i've had before; the rubber part is much much thicker and wider than the domestic ones. The handle is aluminium but with a wide diameter so it's sturdy and won't bend.

It wasn't cheap...$40 each for the two pieces (handle and head) BUT if it means that I'm not replacing a squeegee every month or two i figure it's worth it.