Dog Park Warning - Sydney Inner West

Katdogs

Cross-Posted with permission from FB group:

Some of you may know and use the O'Dea reserve secure dog park in Stanmore. If so -PLEASE BE AWARE, this morning there was a man acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the park. While my partner was walking our 6mo beagle pup home from the park, he was approached by a medium build man in his 40s who was wearing a baseball cap (vague description -apologies).

The man commented that we had a lovely dog, and then proceeded to follow my partner and dog as they walked towards home. This was odd as the man had previously been walking in the opposite direction, towards the park. After a few minutes my partner realised he was being followed and varied his route home, deliberately back tracking through some alleys and side streets in Stanmore. The man continued to follow at a distance.

When my partner confronted him, the man said he was looking for a particular street but he could not name the street or any cross streets near it, he just pointed vaguely towards Stanmore village before walking off in that general direction. He was later seen walking close to our street again. Our only reasoning for this bizarre behaviour is that he was trying to establish where we lived in order to steal our dog. We have reported the incident to Marrickville police but there is little they can do at this stage. Please just be aware while your out with your dogs and continue to report any suspicious individuals to the police for monitoring. — at O'Dea Reserve