Dinner Time Routines

Nushie

I've had an interesting development in the last two days. I feed the puppies together in the morning as they have the same food and there's no tantrums. Roo has the most splendid tantrums. Now they're far less interested in the food and way more interested in what I'm doing. I took some of the food away this morning because Bunny was being an airhead and Roo was being blonde and they weren't eating. I might shake it up a bit tomorrow and separate them again.

hi. i think it also depends on what speed they eat.

Two I have eat at a normal speed so ok to feed together. the kelpie eats fast and would go to investigate the smaller dogs eating. While she wouldn't steal from them I don't want to increase any guarding and I know the chihuahua feels pressure to eat faster if there is a big dog watching. So the kelpie darts to her crate when food comes out and I lock her in for the time it takes for little ones to finish.

You can always just use different rooms if crates aren't handy.

So the last couple of days I have been feeding them both in the kitchen. Jager on the outside of the breakfast bench (in towards the dining area) and Brandy on the inside (in the kitchen area). Both seem to eat at the same time, Jager has been finishing first and goes around and stands at the corner and watches as Brandy finishes and then they swop bowls to lick. I have been watching them and I don't know, if I weren't there maybe Jager would muscle Brandy away from her bowl. But we will be there to supervise during meals so that shouldn't be a problem.