How Much To Pay For A Blue Amstaff

kezz05

Yeah but in this case - the state body just copied the ANKC rules which (as best I can tell) refer to the state rules - in a very circular way.

End result - supposed to register the whole litter with ANKC but don't have to give the new puppy homes any papers to prove they did register each puppy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to look at buying a pup from WA about a year ago and the breeder told me that as the rest of the litter was sold without papers he would not sell a breeding dog from that litter as it wasnt worth his while.

Had something to do with him having to register the whole litter if he registered one. I didnt look into it as I just put him in the shonky basket but he advertises on dogz and I guess according to his state's rules he is covered.

The question is why - they provide an option for limited or main - still feels to me that one of the ways to determine someone who is breeding for the future of the breed and wanting the most info possible from a pedigree to breed better dogs wouldnt do it and I wouldnt buy a puppy from anyone who did this . I understand that lots of pet puppy buyers dont think papers are important but there needs to be education to explain why papers are so important to record information for breeding decisions and to encourage the buyer to see them as something to be proud of.

This is asking a lot when clearly the breeders themselves dont see why and how the pedigree system is used to make the best decisions and why we need to be able to track every dog and know what turns up.

No he has to register all pups born, he doesn't have to sell with papers or transfer to the new owners name. If he is a rego'd breeder who is not registering puppies he is in breach of CofE and shonky