Ticks

Gretel

It seems that ticks have become a problem in an area I walk a couple of my dogs. I'd planned to just treat them with Advantix but people have pointed out that they may bring home ticks to the other dogs who have not been treated. I have a few oldies, the eldest has chronic kidney failure, and I prefer to keep the chemicals to a minimum where I can. I'm looking for suggestions of what people think are the safest options for tick prevention. Thanks :)

None of mine are on anything. They just get searched.

I was planning on making up an essential oil spray for a bit of extra piece of mind. But No prevention is 100% so i dont bother with it personally.

I know many dogs who have had ticks, and have been symptomatic with nexguard, advantix, the scalibor collars etc. :(

Though i can imagine searching isnt really possible with a lappie. Perhaps she needs the advantix :)

None of mine are on anything. They just get searched.

I was planning on making up an essential oil spray for a bit of extra piece of mind. But No prevention is 100% so i dont bother with it personally.

I know many dogs who have had ticks, and have been symptomatic with nexguard, advantix, the scalibor collars etc. :(

Though i can imagine searching isnt really possible with a lappie. Perhaps she needs the advantix :)

Yes I'm definitely treating Vienna! Searching this fluffer would be quite a job!

Nexgard or Bravecto. The only ones that will recommend now- particularly for the coated dogs.

I have been using Nexgard on Abby (10yrs) who is my sensitive girl and she has not had any issues.