Fussy Eater Staffy Need Help

Hi guys , I am new in this forum and I need serious help with my fussy eater staffy (please do not judge me , I only want what is best for him ).

So I have 1 year old staffy who is very active love to fetch and run play with other dogs and he is healty ,has shinny coat , perfect teeth . So since he was puppy i have been changing his food so often i thought i was doing the right thing but it has become habbit to him. I have tried raw diet and barf which he wasnt much eating them so i have wasted money and food overtime. I am back to kibble which i am trying to buy grain free and best kibble around but he is not touching it and i started to mix with human food which are boiled chicken or cooked beef mince or cooked pork mince.He was ok with them but he didnt have good shape of poo so i understood i am doing it wrong and feeding my dog wrong. Luckly he looks and acts healthy. Petshop suggested canned food he ate for a while and he is not eating anymore , he wants something different.I am tired of changing his food and seeing him refusing and starve his self for couple of days. Please help . I am willing to do anything what is best for him.

I am not leaving food more than 15 minutes. I always take it till next meal.

I am not feeding from table or sharing my own food.

I am not over feeding him with doggie cookies or doggie treats.

He has run in the morning about 1 hour and walk 30 minutes at afternoon or night .

Thanks in advance.

Really just tough love required.

I'd go with kibble as you don't have to freshly prepare it while he may knock it back.

Put his bowl down in the morning, don't make a fuss, just place it in his normal place.

What is left after 10 minutes pick up and put away. NO food/treats from you, only fresh water available.

12 hours later repeat. 12 hours later repeat. 12 hours later repeat.

Healthy dogs WILL NOT starve themselves.

Come back on here later in the week and let us know!

Good on you for noticing and doing something about it now!

We adopted a dog last year (private rehome), she was ridiculously fussy. She would regularly not eat what she was given for days, but beg for food. She got as long as it took for the other two to eat before her food was taken away. At one stage she was eating around half a cup of food (she left the rest) every two days. Now she will eat her food 95% of the time when it is given to her, and would eat all day if we let her, she's a piggy. She gets no extra treats except bones, and fed once a day. Tough love is the way to go, I promise he won't starve himself! It is so hard but works, after a few weeks.

Edited by Bundyburger