Good Dry Food For Very Allergic Dog?

Fevah

What was he fed prior to Taste of the Wild? I'm not so sure this is entirely diet related. How long has Panic been suffering from this?

Changing foods can often cause diarrhea, and it's concerning so many important foodstuffs are being eliminated from his diet on a presumption they're causing the condition - that's not good for the long term. Is he exposed to anything in the garden, is weed killer used or any grass fertiliser etc? Hopefully the allergy test will shed more factual light.

Orijen Six Fish is very good but also very rich. Perhaps it's worth avoiding processed foods completely and trying a simple fresh diet for a week or two to see the results, based on venison perhaps?

Edited by Dave-o

To add to that, if a simplistic homemade diet shows improvement then after a couple of weeks it would be worth slowly introducing Canidae Pure into his diet. That's always shown to be a good kibble as far as allergies are concerned.

Perhaps it's worth avoiding processed foods completely and trying a simple fresh diet for a week or two to see the results, based on venison perhaps?

Yep this. Before the advent of all these processed dog foods we didn't have such 'allergic' dogs. A fresh, raw diet is certainly worth a try IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

My border collie used to get terrible rashes on his belly and flakey skin around his paws from his dry food. We changed dry foods to groan free black hawk and put a balm I got from etsy called pawfect paws on his rashes and paw pads and he's fine now

My border collie used to get terrible rashes on his belly and flakey skin around his paws from his dry food. We changed dry foods to groan free black hawk and put a balm I got from etsy called pawfect paws on his rashes and paw pads and he's fine now

...yep, some dogs can be very sensitive to all kind of noises ... :laugh: