Puppy operation

Zeus has only one testes dropped and the other is not looking like it will drop. He was going to be snipped at 6 months anyhow ( he’s 6 mth) but Vet said it’s a more involved operation to find the other one as it must be removed. He talked about the risks of cancer , we have had  a lab die to cancer  so there is no question he’ll be booked in within a couple weeks. 

Does anyone know much about this type of op ? I did ask vet but they didn’t go too much into detail and obv I’ll ask him about recovery etc but I was wondering if anyone has gone through this ?

• Like 2

Absolutely, I've done many.

The lost teste can be further up in the groin than expected so in that case it's more invasive but often it's just sitting way up in the normal spot and never came down. 

The doggies can have a bit of extra bruising afterwards but otherwise everything goes like a standard desexing.

The cancer bit, is because if left inside they can go cancerous but it's not going to happen straight away.    

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

Absolutely, I've done many.

The lost teste can be further up in the groin than expected so in that case it's more invasive but often it's just sitting way up in the normal spot and never came down. 

The doggies can have a bit of extra bruising afterwards but otherwise everything goes like a standard desexing.

The cancer bit, is because if left inside they can go cancerous but it's not going to happen straight away.    

Thank you for posting this .

He’ll just get even more cuddles  

• Like 3