Herding (part 2)

Hi Kelpie-i,

I saw Blue working at Casterton. He is an awesome dog. You must have been very proud of him. Amazing to watch!!

Its a great day at the auction, getting to watch so many great dogs working and then seeing how they sell. Such special dogs.

Kate.

Well I went to the clinic today. It was really great! Right now I'm buggered & there is so much going round in my head that I wouldn't know where to start.

I got some clarifications, some corrections, some confirmations and a whole heap of new ideas & things to work on. Trim was great...it is so so cool to watch an expert work your dog. Unfortunately I was far to busy to even think of setting up the video camera but got a few still pics with my new camera, will post when I can get the driver installed on my stupid computer.

I'm tired...but happy.

Trim is exhausted...but ecstatic.

Its a great day at the auction, getting to watch so many great dogs working and then seeing how they sell. Such special dogs

Hi Kate, yes we are proud of ole Blue Bagger (knickname) and I agree, Casterton is a great event. We've been going to Casterton for 3 years now and will be back next year once again!. We go mainly to watch the dogs working and to see the auction. This year we entered our girl in the Iron Kelpie Hill Climb. She didn't go through the flags, but did the run in 41 seconds. The fastest was 25.6 seconds (or some such)...the dog that won went through the flags and therefore got 10 secs taken off his time! It was great to watch and to compete. Did you go in with your dog?? Do you go to Casterton each year?

Vickie, sounds as though you had a good, albeit tiring, time (as did Trim of course). Am waiting to see the pics :)

Are they any pointers you can share with us?

Was able to have a look at Blue working at casterton. Thank you for loading this it was interesting to watch.

One day I will get down to the auction for a look. We have friends that go regularly.

Vicki, I don't have any photos of me working the dogs as it is hard to do both at the same time and my husband isn't that good with our camera. :)

Hi Kelpie-i,

This was our second year at Casterton and we love it. We had our 2 Kelpies with us but only watched the events. We competed in the Kelpie idol last year but they didnt have it this year. The hill climb looked too hard for us but might have a shot next year. You sound like you did really well.

We went to the Kelpie ball on Saturday night and had a fantastic time then the auction on Sunday and then Paul McPhails workshop on Monday. He is a great teacher.

Its a really great weekend and we cant wait till next year.

Kate.

jesomil, did you hang out at the caravan park or did you stay at the "luxurious" hotels??

We love the caravan park b/c you can build a bon-fire, eat, drink and be merry. You don't feel the cold that way :cry:

We didn't make it Paul's workshop this year as we just wanted to head back home on the Monday.

You should definitely enter your dogs into the kelpie Hill Climb next year. It's a lot of fun!

BTW, that dog that won the Kelpie Idol last year, that was Dylan...a B/C x Kelpie...his owner is a personal friend of mine and I kept accusing him of rigging the comp b/c Dylan isn't a pure bred Kelpie :(

Ha,ha,ha. Yes that cross bred Dylan!!

The judges thought we were really good till Dylan came in and blew us all away. And he was a city dog like us so we lost badly to him but had lots of fun though. It was a fancy show he did.

We didnt know about the caravan park till we drove past it. It looked really good. We stayed in the hotel just over the bridge but it was pretty dull and quiet at night. We will try for the caravan park next year as it looked a bit more social.

My little fella was a bit young for the hill climb at 6 months but we will definately try next year.

Kate.