Thoughts From The K9 Force Workshop

sidoney

As a tip - have the toy/prey item that is not available for her to have at any other times than with you training/playing.

Get a special ball on a string (or whatever item she will like) and hide it when you are finished doing what you want to do, leaving her want the toy more.

Gee I wished that worked with Boomer... he ignores toys that have been confiscated probably because, being a small dog, he's played with an awful lot.

Di

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

K9: training in (prey) drive is only of any use for a dog that has suitable nerves & drives. If your dog lacks either, then another motivator should be sought.

Yes, food is Boomer's primary motivator. That's why he's always on a diet! He does however use toys to motivate us (to play with him).

d

I left Sydney yesterday but will be back up in about 3 weeks.

If we can track down any / all of the footage I can PM my Canberra postal address to those who have the tapes / cds.

I should be able to borrow a dv camera for loading the tapes onto my laptop down here. If those who have footage are able to convert it to disc, that would solve the problem though.