Wdc Of Qld Herding Trial

Well the WDC of Qld need to be congratulated for a long and exhausting day for both triallers, judges and helpers. But what a day. Thank you all so much for an entertaining and informative time.

Any way i am pleased to say that i took 8 of my dogs either owned or bred and we brought back 8 dogs with HIC certicificates.

So the following dogs now have their HIC's

Ch Korella Mystic Legend CD ET (Border Collie)

Korella Krystal Fire (Border Collie)

Ch Luvstock Andromeda (Border Collie)

Ch Hotnote Brandy Snap (Aus Shep)

Wylie Forbidden Lust (Border Collie)

Wylie Lord Ov The Stars (Border Collie)

Trumagik Secret Whisper (Border Collie)

Hotlee Inthe Heat Oth Nite (IID) (aus Shep)

And another of my breeding also

Wylie Symphonic Legend CD (Border Collie)

On now to HT and PT (hahahahaha)

We did the same (only cause I was bumbed on the head to do so), and came back with HIC's, along with Jemma's breeder.

Kirbyholme Deja Vu CDX (Border Collie)

Kirbyholme Jemas Instyle CD (Border Collie)

By the end of the day though, both humans and dogs were glad to get home

Cathy

It wasn't run by the WDC of Qld that is next week. The trial at Durack last night was run by the CCCQ Herding Sub Committee to raise money to develop Durack as a herding Venue.

Turned out alot bigger then we expected and working from 6am to 9pm then having to go back this morning to clean up and pick up the gates. Made it a very trying day then had to go to the restricted Border Collie Club of Qld Agility trial tonight to help. Thankfully we had enough people there so i didn't have to stay to long.

But very tired and wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow and will be spending 2-3 hours to night trying to get the database ready to start burning tomorrow night.

Had two good weekends of herding with the following titles gained

Last Weekend

Aust Ch Fidelis Moonlighting HSAd HIAs Intermediate A Course Sheep Title

Fidelis Mad About Ewe HSAs Finsihed her Herding Started A Course Sheep Title along with 3 High in Trials

Serreno Bingo HIC Instinct Certificate

Wooderson's Meg HIC Instinct Certificate

Perrioak Rebel With A Cause HIC Instinct Certificate

Yesterday

Aust Ch & Amer ROM Ch Talquah Buster Buckhavan CDX ADX JDX PT Pre-Trial Title this was extra special for me as Buster will be 13 early next year.

Fidelis Come N Get Me PT Pre-Trial Title

Serreno Bingo HT Herding Test

Wooderson's Meg HT Herding Test

Perrioak Rebel With A Cause HT Herding Test

Plus a dog breed by me

Fidelis Red Bandit PT Pre-Trial Title Owned by Laurelle Earl-Oxley

So all in all an excellent few weeks. We have our last trial for the year Next week and hope to get a few passes with Cybil in Advanced and a few Intermediate with Abigail.

Tracey

Edited by fidelis Border Collies

hi Tracey

It was an awesone turn out for sure. I have never seen so many people so keen to try their dogs out on stock.

I sure came home tired but happy. Sunburnt too of course.

The Herding sub committee should take a bow for putting on such a great event and for making it so affordable and really so easy for so many to try their dogs out. I hope that soon more trials can be at Durack. Cos I will be there with a few more next time definitely.

I have a question tho can HIC be done on ducks? and when where ducks introduced and at what level was the first time they were introduced?

Congratulations to the sub herding committee they should be extremely proud of themselves and their efforts.

I must have been mad to enter 8 but geez was i thrilled to see some of them really turn on.

Now i have to get my round yard built so i can continue training over the summer.

Hi Cathy

Yes it turned out bigger then we expected and a few people were not happy about having to wait so long but at that price and the numbers we got i didn't see anyway around it.

We never expected so many people and if we do it again will will only be doing HIC's

Ducks have always been available but we only started using them this year. The first time was at the Border Collie May herding Trial. Cybil (Aust Ch Fidelis Moonlighting HSAd HIAs) was the first dog in Australia to get a title on Ducks (Although i must admit she prefers sheep and cattle)

All the tests are done on Sheep.

Ducks can be used on A and B Course,

Wouldn't like to see ducks used in the tests as most dogs work too close at this level to be able to work ducks properly.

Tracey

Hi tracey

There sure was a lot of grumbling. Pity that so many did not take the opportunity with good grace.

I must admit I was there at 8am so i too had a long day had to deal with puppies and other dogs before i even walked out the door. Then found that some rotten dogs had chewed through the wires on my trailer so an emergency fix job had to be done before I left.

I have now been saved from a verbal assuage cos i got out there and tried. I have some very happy breeders and co owners and some excited puppy owners hopefully I can get a few more out to try once their pups are old enough.

It certainy was an interesting mix of breeds that tried. Borders, Aussies, Belgians (all 4 varieties i believe), ACD's Kelpies,Briards...... did I see some Corgis too. Not sure that we saw Shelties or Collies tho.

Hope the next time is just as fantastic a turn out.

I sure learnt heaps just watching!!

Hi I agree the Herding Sub Committee did do an excellent job and it was a huge day a very long one but it was worth it and I most certainly was not going home and missing the opportunity.

I dont think anybody could have guessed they would get that many dogs wanting to go through.

The only thing I am dissappointed in is that I have left it so late and the season is nearly over so will have to start training for HT next year now I guess.

hi Tracey

It was an awesone turn out for sure. I have never seen so many people so keen to try their dogs out on stock.

I sure came home tired but happy. Sunburnt too of course.

The Herding sub committee should take a bow for putting on such a great event and for making it so affordable and really so easy for so many to try their dogs out. I hope that soon more trials can be at Durack. Cos I will be there with a few more next time definitely.

Cathy

We are hoping to maybe hold a few of these next year set up 2 rings and just run HIC Do you think the interest is there and how often do you think it would be worth running one.

I am going to suggest bi monthly in conjunction with a show and have a training session first maybe 7-9am then start the trials later what do you think

Tracey

Hi Tracey

I dont see why not! Bi monthly at least people would know where and when they could at least have a go. You probably wouldnt get the massive overload like Saturday either which would make for a less frantic time for the committee and participants too.

I certainly wont be bringing that many dogs next time tho. I only have a few left to do now. Thank goodness.

Back to bathing puppies for me now.

Tass

Hi I agree the Herding Sub Committee did do an excellent job and it was a huge day a very long one but it was worth it and I most certainly was not going home and missing the opportunity.

I dont think anybody could have guessed they would get that many dogs wanting to go through.

The only thing I am dissappointed in is that I have left it so late and the season is nearly over so will have to start training for HT next year now I guess.

that is the problem most people should start training now for next year and get the dog as far as you can then when the trials come you can go HT, PT Started and so one.

Herding is not something you can just pick up when you have a speare moment you have to make a decision to start and continue your training.

I train my dogs all over the summer and i hope to be able to 3 sheep trial Abigail next year but she will be ready for Advance by the time the season starts. then once she has her HXAs we can start getting CH Points.

Find your self a good trainer and start straight away and by the time the season starts next year you will be a step ahead of everyone else.

Tracey

Hi Tracey

I dont see why not! Bi monthly at least people would know where and when they could at least have a go. You probably wouldnt get the massive overload like Saturday either which would make for a less frantic time for the committee and participants too.

I certainly wont be bringing that many dogs next time tho. I only have a few left to do now. Thank goodness.

no i honestly wouldn't like to see the number we had on Saturday but even if we got 20 new dogs a bi monthly and even if 2 kept going to trial would be worth it.

I think most people were pretty surprised about their dogs and really hadn't thought that serious about herding till they saw how the dogs went.

Tracey

Tass

I think you might get a few more GSD's there seems to be a bit of interest from my fellow enthusiasts.

I think Anne Mitchell is going to do an C Course demonstation for the Shepherd club to show owners what the shepherds were breed to herd like some time this month or aleast she is talking about it.

I suggest ant tending breed owners that are interested in herding take a look as it is what these breeds excell at

Tracey

Thanks for that info Tracey I guess I just presumed it stopped for the summer. I will do that for sure (start training now that is) also I will have more time in the off show season and what you say makes sense.

Yes I had heard there is a demo I think somebody is emailing me more details I will find out. My dog just loved it she was very enthusiastic the kind of GSD that would be wasted if I did not do more with her.

Thanks Again

Hi Tracey

For those that are not in the know can you please direct us to an online site for the herding rules.

I also have a question. It seems that the TCA has been giving herding instinct titles on dogs with 2 passes at herding instinct certificate level. What can be done about it so that the all CCC's understand the differences between the two levels?

Thanks in advance

Tracey,

I went to watch only, with no intention of entering for a number of reasons, and was bumped on the head at 9am when I got there... Not at 5.30pm when I actually went in because of the large numbers. By that stage, all I wanted to do was go home, as others were probably wanting to do the same. Long day,too much sun and probably not enough water.

I know my dog's capabilities, and while she was itching to get into the sheep from the outside, once inside, I knew she was not switched on (neither was I). But she did no worse than some others that made the attempt.

It was mostly a good day, and good to see the turn out. The only thing was that no-one seemed to know whether they were Arthur or Martha.. One minute one thing was being done, then next thing something else.

Suggest that a cut off number/time be thought of next time...Save everyone frustrations (including that of judges).

You should be pleased to note that I have no interest/intention of following through with it with her.

Edit: Speaking of databases - did you get the deposit into your account? Had sent confirmation email through with bank acknowledgement.

Tracie

Edited by Skyes Dalimit

Hi again

I hae read the start of the rules. LOL 50 odd pages I'll be a long time understanding them thats for sure

Anyway it states clearly that by forwarding your passes to the ANKC that a certificate will be issued.

Whats the cost?