K9 Force Info Night

The problem with last night was that he didn't have any REAL dogs to work with :confused: . If I had taken my boys Steve would have had his hands full. Buster can put his fluffy little white bum on the ground and play tug-of-war for all he's worth :(

Thankyou to Myszka for your hospitality and allowing us into your home. Sorry I had to take off so quickly but I had to get to work.

I was going to ask if I could get a copy of the video because there was so much information I'm sure I'll forget things so thankyou Tarka.

Steve, your talk was brilliant :thumbsup: I learnt so much and the theory part was invalueable. Thanks again so much for your time.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please tell me you were not going to work at 11.30pm?  :(

Yeap, finished at 7am this morning. I should have started at 7pm but I have a really good boss who let me take a few hours annual leave. Lucky he didn't ask why I wanted the time off :confused:

Do you work those hours all the time?

I would be hopeless trying to work night shift! The sun goes down and I'm ready for bed! :thumbsup:

K9: I feel it was a nice informalish nite where there were a few laughs, nice people & great dogs.

I'm sure I heard someone mutter that I had worked those dogs before, Rex (Myszkas dog), yes, the other's I have never seen before lol, I swear!

I did try & slow down Image's training, but Kysor was a true representation of how long it normally takes with that type of dog.

I believe each & every one of the attendants can do this with their dog, with a little bit of pre thought & follow the methods I gave you, it always happens.

Thanks for sharing the evening with me.

Looking forward to the next one...

Can someone let me know when the video is ready? then I'll pay my bucks to get a copy!

It may take a few weeks, there's over 4 hours of footage so I'll need to edit it down. I'll release a few clips for download before then though.

I believe each & every one of the attendants can do this with their dog, with a little bit of  pre thought & follow the methods I gave you, it always happens.

Steve, thanks so much for all your valuable information and Myszka thanks so much for your hospitality.

Even though I missed the dog's demo in the beginning I changed my whole attituted towards my dog (not too much soft talking, not giving him too much attention and lots of praise when he followed me). I used all this during our walk and guess what: HE DOESN'T PULL AS BEFORE!!!!! I could not believe it!! He only failed when saw another dog (he went crazy) but instead of getting nervous and begging him to stop I just pulled towards the other direction and carried on like nothing happened. HE STOPPED PULLING!!!

Well, maybe it was first time lucky but I'll continue on and will keep you posted with my progress!

Cheers. :(

I'm sure I heard someone mutter that I had worked those dogs before, Rex (Myszkas dog), yes, the other's I have never seen before lol, I swear!

Yes - but you havent worked Rex on the night.

I also swear that Steve has not seen those two dogs before.

I had Image lined up for a demo for a while, even if the owner wasnt coming Imi would have been borrowed as I know that this is one unstopable dog :( And I love her for that. :)

Im looking forward to the next one as well, was a pleasure to have you all over at my place.

Do you work those hours all the time?

Yes, 2 days (7am - 7pm), 2 nights (7pm - 7am) 4 off. Been doing it for almost 20 years.

Don't worry guys, I had no reason to believe Steve had ever worked these dogs before and I'm sure if the comment was made it was in gest because people were amazed how well these dogs were behaving with him.

Walking my dog yesterday was very interesting. After listening to what Steve had to say I was so much more aware of what the dog needs from me and exactly how much he looks to me for guidance.

Edited by Buster's Mum

I had Image lined up for a demo for a while, even if the owner wasnt coming Imi would have been borrowed as I know that this is one unstopable dog  :(

Yeah right. That dog was a wuss ...

before.jpg

Even so, Steve couldn't do anything with her ...

after.jpg

:)

You can transfer the money to me if you like  ;)  ;)

Don't think you will get the DVD, but hey, I'll be happy to take the money from you!  :(

;) :(:(:cry::lie::lie: :p :p :p

I dont think i'll be doing that :p

Oh come on Wags! We all know how much your boy loves mine! He would want you to give me more money to spend on Bear! He really would! :):(

Oh come on Wags! We all know how much your boy loves mine! He would want you to give me more money to spend on Bear!  He really would! :(  :(

I think Riley needs another chance to get to know Bear so he doest sound so snobbish :)

Bear must of caught Riley on a bad day Poor Bear ;)

They'll have to be a Sydney DOL meet organised.

Edited by wagsalot

Oh come on Wags! We all know how much your boy loves mine! He would want you to give me more money to spend on Bear!  He really would! :)  ;)

I think Riley needs another chance to get to know Bear so he doest sound so snobbish ;)

Bear must of caught Riley on a bad day Poor Bear :(

They'll have to be a Sydney DOL meet organised.

Sorry for the hijack K9!

Wags, I'm only teasing! Bear really loved Rileys teeth glaring at him! They were sparkling white - what dentist do you use? ;)

Not poor Bear. With his lovely behaviour recently, I don't "Poor Bear" him at all anymore!!!!!!!

I'm sure plenty of Sydney DOLers would love to catch up, maybe we should start a new thread in general!

Sorry Steve! We will leave now..... :(

Edited by Alibear