Long Toenails

Staffwild

The owners are the best one could ask for, the dog lives inside, sleeps in their bed, has the aircon on for her while they are at work, fed only the best, all the veterinary care and then some, she is spoilt rotten. 

Do they walk her too? :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering, cos I've never had to clip my boy's nails: a short walk each day keeps them down just fine. Even 15 min on concrete daily seems to keep them OK. If your friends' dog's nails are growling that long, then I'd wonder if perhaps she isn't getting enough exercise for her general health either?

I cannot understand a vet not being willing to clip the nails. Try another vet.

I have a friend who's rottix has long nails and no vet will touch them as she gets very anxious. The dogs get walked on the road often and I think that helps keep them short.

I'm just wondering, cos I've never had to clip my boy's nails: a short walk each day keeps them down just fine. Even 15 min on concrete daily seems to keep them OK. If your friends' dog's nails are growling that long, then I'd wonder if perhaps she isn't getting enough exercise for her general health either?

Amhailte, my dogs are driven to their park, they run like little devils for 30-45 mins and get driven home, passed out from exhaustion. So you see, a dog doesn't always have access to concrete to get some decent exercise!