Bindi's

KismetKat

In my favourite park the bindi's are ripening. I hate bindi's! My poor dog - she gets them in her pads. They obviously hurt as she limps and I have to pull them out.

At the moment it is only the sunnier side of the park that they are sharp - so I am keeping her over to the other side. But what do I do once they start to turn sharp too???

Do they bother all dogs??

Bindies, rotten things.

They bother Maxi, JRT.

Brave little trooper, he runs along at his usual speed on 3 legs, holding one paw up. It takes a while after its removed for him to realise and put the paw down again. :laugh:

I am supposing that the smaller dogs have thinner skin on their paws?

Maxi's paws never toughened. We did 20 minute walks along cement footpaths, and all sorts of other walks, it didn't seem to help.

When the bindies were really bad along some unpaved paths he would walk along the edge of the cement gutter to avoid them.

We sell them where i work, $25 a pair most dogs do adjust to wearing them after the inital period of "oh my god what is on my feet" I find if you put them on and then take them for a walk or play a game they tend to forget about them. Avaliable in 8 sizes with biggest being for male malamute or big shepherd

You can buy the boots on ebay for much less (sorry Kimjm I know you sell them.) I just bought two sets less than a month ago (it was buy one set and get another colour for free) for $13 + p+p.

They are not imitations as they came from the same place I bought my original set from. (Fluppies.)

My silky terrier has been wearing them to flyball as she's a sook about bindi's and the boots are really good for stopping the prickles. (Funny thing is that she's also better at hitting the flyball box while wearing them.)

If you don't want to buy through ebay, Kimjm's are cheaper than the regular price at Fluppies.

Sorry TigerJack ours are not made by Fluppies.

I should have been clearer, Fluppies don't make them, they sell them retail. They are the same product (and the same vendor for that matter) whether you buy direct from Fluppies or via ebay. I can't speak for the origin of yours but they look esactly the same.

Buy them from wherever is convenient!