Good Veg/bad Veg ?

KismetKat

Julie - I'm in Melbourne in the Bentleigh area. I have agood butcher and normally give her diced human grade casserole steak along with cooked up mixed vegies. Of the meat I would say she would get 150-200grams a day plus perhaps a similar weight with the vegies. She also gets a handful of Optimum dry food at night. She's actually been gaining a bit of weight so I've started to watch her portions.

I gave her two of the sliced backbone bits this morning (and nothing else). Looking at it I would say there is less meat on them than she normally gets. I gave them to her almost an hour ago and she's still chomping on the first one!

I have been told this is a good alternative for meat if ur dogs is suffering allegies & has not have these sunstances before that sweet Patatoe as carbs & Goat Meat as protein is good. I currentley feed my girl this, I was also told that either Donkey, Horse, Ostrich are fine aswell & things for carbs like Barley, Beans & lentils as good.

So I would say that these were good meats to use

Heidi

Edited by HeidiB

well it took her about an hour twenty to chomp thru one of the bones - she was down to two small walnut sized bits which seemed a bit sharp so I took them off her. She musta buried the other bone as it is nowhere in sight.

Is that enough for her? I must admit she doens't seem to be pining for more food but then again, she never does.

If she buries the meaty bone, she is not hungry.

You said she was gaining a little, right?

Well, my dog tells me I've fed her enough - by burying her bones. I save a lot by feeding less when she starts to bury. And it is automatic weight control into the bargain.

No worries.

cheers