Vent Bout Vets

Depends on the circumstances as the vet saw it, I suppose - it does sound awkward and unexpected but that may have been due to miscommunication.

At work, whether or not rechecks are charged is at the discretion of the vet, but in general, if it is as involved as a normal consultation then a reduced fee is charged. If its simply to take sutures out, check on how a wound is healing, repeat and abdominal palpation etc - there is no charge. If the rechecks are for ongoing things such as repeat PCV's in IMHA then only the procedures are charged. I suppose, given these circumstances and considering that the discussion was about 20 mins (twice a normal consultation period in some practices) then its conceivable that a token consultation fee may be charged. That doesn't mean I agree with it, or I would do it, but I can see how it might have arisen. However, the circumstances in which MSJ arrived at the clinic didn't suggest that a fee was going to be charged - that probably should have been mentioned at some point prior.

The other possibility is as I mentioned, where there might be a variable fee schedule for dispensing and prescription fees (like injection fees). Some practice have a different fee for things dispensed over the counter vs. in consultation. The consultation fee may be a way for them to justify charging a reduced price for the medication (the total cost for "short" consultation + medication being less than medication by itself).

hi guys agaiin :)

ive just accepted it and got over it now :)

i just read the account wrong, still the tablets are expensive arn't they! :( but if they help her, then thats the most important thing :D

i think what i was thinking, and same with my hubby, was that we already got the results that day on my mobile...and the VET just said, if we wanted it more clarified and to talk it over(since i was in tears and in the car at the time), then to come in on the following monday.

we origianally was just going to turn up on the day, and see if she had a min, but decided to do the right thing, and make a app, in case she was busy.

she did talk to us very thoughly, and was a long time....

she did say something to the effect, that she was surprisedthat we hadn't brought jenna back in? and i just said, well it wasnt worth it to bring her in again..what else could they do, than what they had done already.

maybe it was a Dispensing fee...i don't care now....12 dollars is nothing.

I must say the original vet that rang us, was not the one we saw on the monday, but she had communicated with the original one bout it all.

Jenna is currently ok, first night she went on tablets, she was very restless all night, didnt sleep like she always does....maybe they made her bit sick.

but shes ok,evena little more brighter, if anything.

will just take it one day at a time.

and we making her time, even more special now, that we have time to prepare for it.

thanks for all ur comments and concerns.xxx

Edited by my sweet jenna