Cruciate Ligament Ruptures

Oh happy belated 2nd birthday to the little man Duncan!!! :cry::thumbsup::cry:

He is probably a little stiff because of the colder weather. I have just bought Chloe a heating pad blanket that stays warm for 12 hours or so, so hopefully this will help her old bones a bit. Have you tried Cartrophen injections with him? It might be helpful for him just in the cooler months to help relieve any stiffness?

Well it's great that all the news so far is good... No I don't think Chloe strained herself the other day, but still, I have warned everyone that there can not be even the risk of a repeat performance!!! My little girl was curled up in bed when i left this morning, I could have crawled in with her and cuddled up!!!

Love,

Kel and Chlo-Bo

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh happy belated 2nd birthday to the little man Duncan!!! :):laugh: :p

I'm such a bad mummy :cool: , it actually slipped my mind :rofl: .

He is probably a little stiff because of the colder weather. I have just bought Chloe a heating pad blanket that stays warm for 12 hours or so, so hopefully this will help her old bones a bit. Have you tried Cartrophen injections with him? It might be helpful for him just in the cooler months to help relieve any stiffness?

I thought he was still too young to get arthritis? I might try Joint Guard or something similar, it's not too bad so far.

Well it's great that all the news so far is good... No I don't think Chloe strained herself the other day, but still, I have warned everyone that there can not be even the risk of a repeat performance!!! My little girl was curled up in bed when i left this morning, I could have crawled in with her and cuddled up!!!

Love,

Kel and Chlo-Bo

You gotta love them don't you? They give us heart failures then just curl up and sleep like nothing has happened :rofl: .

Cheers,

Corine

Hiya :clap:

Glad to hear that Chloes still doing fine Kel. Hopefully well and truely on her way to healing. Heres hoping that this one heals quicker than the last. Also glad to hear that she is ok after her little run the other day!!!! You just have to close your eyes sometimes hey....esp when other people are concerned, gee its frustrating try to get people to understand.........

Hey Corine, Mallee had arthritis in her front legs at 4 months old so maybe its worth getting Dunc onto some joint guard or similiar. Mallee is on Cosequin and we have found it really good. There are also several dry foods you can get now that have Glucosaime and Chondrotin (spl) in them. Give Duncan a belated birthday hug from me :clap:

Talking about other people not listening to you when it comes to your dogs. We had Brock parents over last night, and Brock's Dad has this uncanning nack of stiring Mallee up all the time. No matter what we say to him he will just not listen. Brock finally got Mallee to calm down about 1/2 hour after their arrival, when she was just about to nod off to sleep Brock's Dad started waking her, i told him to stop it but of course he continued, and she woke up. Then he started complaining that she was annoying him, argghhhh :rolleyes: We have told him soo many times don't stare at her as it excites her and she takes it as a challenge so anyways he continues to stare at her, speaking to her stupidly and she starts jumping around, next minute he lunged at her and she jumped back, Brock went to grab her as she was going to hit her bum on the coffee table and as she was all stired up she jumped back again and..............smash crash put her shoulder through the lounge room window :vomit: THANK GOD the curtains were closed otherwise she would have been ripped to pieces. Thankfully she was not hurt.....my heart stopped and I was already processing in my head how i was going to get her into the car bleeding and the fastest way to get vets. Just so happy that that was not needed. I was fuming at him.

So spent last night in a very cold lounge room with the heater on high but not doing anything, got down to 3 degrees here and with a bodgy board nailed to the window frame not good. Anyway i am just glad that Mallee is OK, but it definately drives me crazy that people don't listen, my father is the same always trying to get Mallee to play rough with him.

Anyway must tootle off.

Antoinette and Mallee Moo

BTW - my new couch - well - Mallee says it tastes good :clap:

Awwwwwwwwww, poor you and poor lounge. Hope the naughty girl hasn't done too much damage.

I can't believe how lucky you were that she wasn't hurt with the window incident. I can imagine you guys were near heart failure. It is very difficult when people do not understand the deal. Every time I have to lay down the rules it turns into an argument and being told I am anal... hahahaha... well I am an Analyst so I guess it's close!!! It sounds like it was a close call though and you were lucky it was just the window that was damaged. I'm sure poor Mallee has been stitched up enough in her short life to last her a lifetime.

Gee I hope Duncan does not have arthritis after such a short time. I know that they will develop OA a bit earlier than normal, but to think that it would be enough to see a change so early on is scary. Hopefully it is only the cooler weather that's slowing him up a bit. Next time I have a dog (fingers crossed it's not for a loooooooong time) but I will start them on joint supplements straight away. I know they are not proven to make a huge difference, I guess it's the thought that they could that makes us use them.

My little girl was so sooky this morning. Singing to see me and everytime I stopped patting her. She is just too cute. I wish I could bring her to work. If I didn't have to walk up a storey to my office I certainly would (the boss would prefer that to me taking time off!!! :rolleyes: ).

Better run too...

Lotsa love,

Kel and Chloe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, hope all is well!!!

Chloe is off for her first xrays today. I'm not feeling really confident... not that it will be bad news, but I don't think the news will be as good as what I'd like. She has been an absolute uncontrollable maniac lately. And sometimes the more you try to discipline her the worse she gets... she is getting very cheeky. SHE thinks she's well, but doesn't realise that she probably isn't as well as she believes... *sigh*, I'll be glad when it's all over...

Anyways, hopefully I will be able to at least give some positive news later today!!!

Love,

Kel and the Maniac red girl

Hey Kelly,

Know all too well what you are feeling...fingers are crossed that all has gone to plan and that if she hasn't fully healed that Chloe is well on the way.

We can't go mad at Mallee either lately when she acts up - as soon as you raise your voice or even stand up when she is being naughty she just thinks its all fun and zooms around the place like a nut jumping from one thing to another. Oh the joy of having confined hounds, i think their energy just keeps building up in them!!!

Alls well at our end of the woods, Mallee is as well as can be expected, well actually better than we ever thought. Brock and i are beginning to wonder if the vets didn't just slice two big scars down her back and charge us an arm and leg for the pleasure of it as there is just no stopping her....lol....

Must fly - will watch out for your news today on how it all goes...thinking of ya.

Special hugs to Chloe and one for you too.

Antoinette and Mad Mallee Moo

Well the verdict is in....

The surgeon is happy with the way Chloe is healing, however, like the other leg it is a little slow (most likely due to age). But she has made alot of progress and has another date in 6 - 8 weeks and he seems to think she will make a full recovery soon. So that's good news, but the 6 to 8 weeks of further confinement won't impress her!!!! :thumbsup:

I feel better that the news is fairly good, just need to shift a bit more weight off her and I will be happier!!!

There was another cruciate survivor in the surgery this morning. She was an ex-severely abused dog, and was the biggest sweetheart ever. It's amazing how things can change. She was a rotty x malamute (?) and gave me a big kiss and was so sooky and smoochy. Chloe was jealous but I was in luuuuuuurve!!!

But no one is lovelier than my girl!!!

Thanks for the support guys!!!

Love,

Kel and the almost healed Chlo Bo

YIPEE FOR CHLOE

Glad that she went well......They never seem to go as well as you hope though...hey....but atleast it is basically almost over Kel!!! WOOHOOO

Not long now and Chlo Bo will be legally tearing around and behaving like a normal pooch again........You are not going to know what has hit you when she is allowed to do whatever she wants.....you forget what it is like to own a "normal" dog trust me!!!!!

Anyway take care just wanted to let you know how pleased i am of your news.

Big Hugs to you and Chloe.

I reckon its time for more Chloe pics actually...................................

Yes it is great to hear from you Koza!!! Not so glad to hear that Stella is still limping, but if she's getting around she can't be too bad!!! :thumbsup: Have you, or are you required to see the vet again? I think I remember last time you saying that the vet said she could resume normal life again? Did they say she will always have the limp?

Anyway, it is nice to touch base with you and see that everything is (cross fingers) going well.

Big cuddles to Stella!!!

We have seen vet last time about a month ago. She said to resume basically a normal life. We don't let Stella to jump high, but we even tried agility last Saturday, she was fine with low barriers. The implant is there, the knee is stable, so we (and vet) guess, she may be a bit uncomfortable while standing, or she may be used to standing like that. There doesn't seem to be pain or arthritis, no inflammaton or any reaction when we move the knee. So we just leave it as is. She has been on the beach, and she runs every day our usual 2 km walk, I think its' pretty good for an injured knee. We'll try to go on with agility, and she is definetely good for obedience :rofl:

Well Antoinette... you asked for it... so without further ado... here is the Chloe portraits of May/June 06!!! The one with her standing and drinking is just to show you another of her weird traits... yes she will only drink out of the watering can. Only if it is empty or she can't reach the water level will she reduce herself to drink from a bowl... :rofl: Gotta love her!!!

Sorry about the quality of the scanned pics... This first one is just waking up... snug as a bug in a rug and breakfast on the mind!!!

post-8152-1151298650_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Kelly

Thanks for the pics - she is just too beautiful, i love her eyes, she looks soo loving and friendly. I love the pic of her poor shaved leg, very fetching look. ohh and love the pic of her and the watering can.

Give her big pats from me and Mallee

• 2 weeks later...

WOW - 4 pages back.

Just checking to make sure all is alright with you Kel and the beautiful Chloe

Alls well here - i figure no news is good news but still want to check up on you both.

Hope to hear soon.

Antoinette

Hi Antoinette!!!

Glad to hear that all is well in your neck of the woods... Mallee Moo hasn't eaten any unauthorised substances lately??? Hehehe. :p Is she still improving?

We are doing okay. Chloe is slowly improving. Sometimes if she tries to overdo it I can see a very slight limp, however she is off all pain meds and seems to be using the leg really well. I think she's on track. Still another few weeks before she goes back for more xrays, so lots of healing time before then!!! She is being good at the moment which is unusual... but very welcome!!! May start to take her for short slow walks over the park again soon, but her muscle tone is fantastic.

Thanks for checking in!! And glad all is well!!!

Lots love from Kel and the Red Girl.