Hills Science Diet What Is Wrong With It?

SueM

Just curious, does anyone choose not to feed HSD because they are owned by Colgate Palmolive who do animal testing on their products? I know the HSD web site says it only keeps and treats animals in a humane way but they are still owned by CP so I'm just wondering if anyone boycots them for that reason.

Wasnt aware of that .... BUT we boycott it basically & solely on the fact that they support & sponsor the RSPCA.

If they didnt do that I would try it but whilst the sponsorship is there it wont enter our house.. :thumbsup:

Jacq

Hi, I have used HSD active and the results on post whelp bitches are outstanding!

It does dry out the coat a bit and they smell a little more "doggier' but it works so i will accept the cons.

I mainly use Supercoat puppy.

Regarding the RSPCA, I am against many of their policies now,but they still get stray,neglected animals, so i will continue buying HSD but I do not condone the RSPCAs

decision to support banning certain breedes of Dogs.

My old girl has been on ID now for several years, and I can confidently say it has added years to her life, she has never looked back.

It has dried her skin a bit but as she has pancreatitis she is not allowed any oils or fat, Doesn't stop her getting into the chip cooker though :rofl: