Why Doesn't Our Staffy Eat Dry Food?

IMO dry foods are mostly bad...with a few exceptions. But don't offer a 'vet' food b/c they're not the best available canine nutrition IMO. You could go for something of higher quality or you could resume a raw foods diet. Just do appropriate research into what is better for your pup.

I work at a Vet Clinic and we sell Eagle Pack.

It is a very good food.

IMO dry foods are mostly bad...with a few exceptions. But don't offer a 'vet' food b/c they're not the best available canine nutrition IMO. You could go for something of higher quality or you could resume a raw foods diet. Just do appropriate research into what is better for your pup.

I work at a Vet Clinic and we sell Eagle Pack.

It is a very good food.

My sincere apologies, I meant a "vet recommended" like food such as HSD or Iams, Eagle Pack is AWESOME food and one of the few that I do recommend for ppl bent on feeding processed.

HTH. :rainbowbridge:

I have found Purina One is good for our Kelpie........I sometimes mix it with egg and it disappears with no problems. Our Staffy is a bit fussier and is on a reduced fat dry food (she is a lazy little sloth :rainbowbridge: )........I tried a few brands but she was a bit picky so I took it away and let her go hungry. She now eats Purina too.

Purina is one of the better quality supermarket brands.

There is no reason you can't give your dog raw food/mince/chicken necks for one small meal (reduce the vege component...I stick to carrots, pumpkin and a few greens) then give dry for another small meal.

I have found vets do push the brands they stock and say they are much better than supermarket brands........they may be good quality but remember, it does help to line their pockets too.

Just what is wrong with processed food......lilly'smum?

Do you eat cereal for breakfast?

Edited by Tim'sMum