Poodle Trims

JAG

Love the photos guys!!! Keep em coming. :thumbsup:

Hijack schmyjack Sivaro.... no problems this end. :shrug:

Thanks Siv - Macy certainly scrubbed up well for the ring. No the brown girl is an Elire one, sorry!! Very naughty to groom so I was very pleased we got through with a nice do today. Ahh your Mum's photos remind me so much of my Mum's. Although back in the 60's hair , hair and more hair. LOL!! Great pet photos too. Love the cowboy hats!

Mum's first show dog. A whiteoaks mini boy.

Macy after a bath (sorry photo is not that great she was on the move)

Love the photos PW. He looks so proud of himself with all the sand stuck to his coat. LOL! Can't wait to see you give the flat top a go. Just remember to blowdry his top knot first so you get the hair really straight. This will help to get the straight sides and flat top. It will take a few cuts to settle in so don't be too worried if it doesn't look so good first time out. You boy looks like he has a nice think coat to work with.

Edited by JAG

Oh Elire, forgot about her having browns. Very impressionable. Really do like her.

Ok I said I wasnt gonna put on my dads pics as the colour was grose, but heres one cause I luved this pretty girl

post-8921-1145361481_thumb.jpg Tanielle, 4 points to get titled and mum clipped her off grrrrrrrrr. She had enough.

post-8921-1145361553_thumb.jpg The new hairdo Im trying so hard to get in fashion. Whatcha think :( :p :rofl::rofl:

Jag, see how good you are, BIS winner if you can do it. :thumbsup:

Hazz darling, lovey, sweetness, my name hasnt got an L in it, just SIVARO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanxs for the lovely comment :hug:

Jag, just luv the golden oldy. Woohoo.

post-8921-1145362323_thumb.jpg God help me, I look like Bob Marley :shrug: :cool: :wave:

post-8921-1145362353_thumb.jpg Well Im so prettiful, can you do this type of art.

Poor Poodles, and what they have to put up with.

Guest talbra

I LOVE doing Poodle clips!! Unfortunately here in the country not many pet people want pom poms on their dogs!

I used to groom an Apricot Mini in Canberra and his owner was extremely fussy! The first day I did him for her I was nervous as she had just given me this big lecture about how fussy she was and how the last groomer butchered him ect.

I did him with a Dutch clip head and a 5f Body with Poms. When I dropped him of she cried and I was ready to run!!!!

She was So thrilled with him she made a permanent booking for him every 6 weeks until I moved away! I really enjoyed doing him as he was good to trim, had great coat texture and the owner became to trust me that I could get a little creative with him!

I also had a standard that was owned by a 19yo girl and she had a BF in the Army. He used to get stripped all over apart from a Pom on his tail and a FLAT TOP!!! It is VERY hard when you have been trained to make EVERYTHING ROUND to then change your hand and eye to make everything SQUARE!!!! He did look so very cool though! His name was Napoleon.

Oh I would love to have a poodle to trim and get creative with now!!

Oh I would love to have a poodle to trim and get creative with now!! Sivaro sends all her poodles over to Talbra lol.
Jag does to. Jag could do with a break from scissoring. :(

Ohh Sivaro - you have been watching me groom my show dogs.. They are all square :cry: Why do you think Zip has a flat top??

Jag, see how good you are, BIS winner if you can do it.
Hmmm thinking which poodle I could torture with this new do..... Will work on that one. ;)

Poor Poodles, and what they have to put up with.

Yep. The OH 'didn't like poodles' b4 we got one. Now a total convert. One of my arguments was- they must have a fantastic temperament to put up with all that hairdressing.

Check out this winner from a US 'creative grooming contest' :( ...post-6819-1145412434_thumb.jpg

ETA: Talbra, shame we're not close by! I wasn't aware of all the different pet trims until I bought the Shirlee Kalstone book and saw some different trims on DOL. B4 that, I'd only seen the bog standard thing for pet poodles where I live- clipped short all over with rounded topknot, fluffy ears + pompom tail. Never thought it really suited my dog.

Edited by Poodle wrangler