Brittany Spaniels The Potential

FYI I never said you found FF to be barbaric, in fact I believe this is the first time I've used the term in this discussion. I'm delighted that you've "fully educated" yourself on the subject of FF in the 2 days since you posted asking what the term meant.

IMO stay is a meaningless command, I train such that the dog sits on command and remains sitting until released. If the dog is sitting, then it’s staying – why add the confusion of an additional command?

FYI the caps lock button is on the left side of the keyboard, third row from the bottom.

Edited by Working_Setters

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BaileyKira,

Good luck with your dog. Until now I have kept out of this discussion, as a I, like everyone else, I suppose, find it impossible to gauge other dogs over the net. More often than not, what people say is honest and their translation of what is actually happening may be not what is seen by others. Hence having experienced mentors in invaluable.

How old is Kira, I am sorry if you have already added this information. I see by a past post she pees and runs away from you. What was her history before being rehomed with you?

working setters you are not worth the type to construct this sentence,iam well aware of the construction of the keyboard ,fyi i am not the type of person once intrigued by something to let it lie i have to know everything and anything as regards the subject so yes two days may seem like a short time to you but to me its too long,i had the dvds before i even posted the comment,so yes maybe if you do not have anything constructive to say you should just not comment at all.

lablover Kira is nearly two years old she lived with her breeder until i responded to her rescue notice at my local dog club,i have had her almost a month now,she is happy energetic showing all the usual traits of the breed,she is gettting really good at retreiving ect.although she hasn't shown any negative behaviour we have noticed that even when we discipline our other dog she cowers .she was disciplined verbally for doing something wrong in the house we gave her a strong verbal "no"and she went cowering and weeing and yelping to the back room,there are also times when she will be playing with another dog and she will yelp non stop until told she is okay in my opinion the other dog was not overly rough,we have had her checked over by the vet who finds nothing wrong physically,i suspect therefore there may have been some rough handling,she is responding very well to positive training.