Training In Drive Workshop At K9 Force Saturday 6 May

What a fantastic day. Both on the learning and the social side of things!

Thanks to Steve for clarifying a lot of stuff for us, and for the ball on a string door prize - Flame went mad this morning when it was brought out. Must be that tasty mintiness!

It was great to meet a few new people and catch up with some others.

Cant wait for the next workshop!!

I also think it would be great to have a follow-up workshop to see how the dogs have progressed, but it would also be good to see the spectator's dogs too, and see how they've all gone with the instructions. But that's probably coz I dont want to leave Flame at home! :thumbsup:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too had a great day and yet again learnt HEAPS.

It was great to see everyone again and also to meet some new people.

Steve, thanks again for my lead... I'm over the moon.

I tried some prey work with Chop when I got home and he 'believe it or not' went kinda nuts. He loved it. Please count him in as a demonstrator for the next workshop. He's dying to meet everyone.

Again thanks for a great day.

P.s..... don't forget about the DOL meet at Rouse Hill. See the thread in 'DOL Social Events'.

What a brilliant brilliant day!!!!

Had fun, laughs and learnt heaps.

I had one vey tired little dobe when I got home.

Massive thanks to Steve for putting on the day and thankyou to Myszka for organizing a bird flu free lunch.

And Ziggy says thanks to everyone for all the cuddles and compliments. :thumbsup:

Definitely should do a follow up in a few months. :thumbsup:

Yep, all good. I am stuffed.....and burnt, maybe I will listen to the "bring sunscreen" message one day!

Ciao

ps: sas......I am so pysched "Panic! at the disco" have airplay haha....!! I am still in shock!! Gotta be excited by something as my footy team gives me NOTHING!!

hahahaha I an so red....I never learn!!!!

Oh yes panic at the disco.....it was just meant to be hehehe

Yeah Parammatta eels suck...well so my dad said when I asked hahaha

I was shattered in the evening, but what a brilliant day!

Ta dam.

I love internet!

Jefe's owner - I and jbbb have some parts of the w/shop on tape but we both run out of battery at the end (well basically after lunch, so we would love a copy of your video.)

Is it possible that we somehow get it from you? Pretty please....

Gigi - Ziggy not only wore me out but today of course I have a sore back, bloody dogs... :thumbsup:

Jbbb and Flames Daddy - send your "treats" orders to the email addy I gave you :rolleyes: I will try to fullfill your desires. For sweets that is. :thumbsup:

Since the training on Saturday I have done drive trianing with Flame 3 times and results are already looking very promising. Her intensity is on the rise! Fortunately I am used to having 38 KG of Dobe cannon-ball into me! :thumbsup:

Interestingly, upon winning the toy in drive, at first it took more than 5 minutes of constant helicoptor-walkies on a long leash for Flame to finally drop the toy! Has anyone else experienced this?? (I got dizzy but plenty of exercise!)

By the way Flame loves her new ball-on-a-rope doorprize that I won on Saturday. She cannot get enough, which is ideal from the drive training perspective. As they say, you have to "leave your audience wanting more" :mad

Gigi - Ziggy not only wore me out but today of course I have a sore back, bloody dogs... :thumbsup:

Ziggy definitely had a sustained intensity on that pulltoy eh?? You can get huge performance from small packages (just look at JBBB! hehe).

Jbbb and Flames Daddy - send your "treats" orders to the email addy I gave you :( I will try to fullfill your desires. For sweets that is. :rolleyes:

My response is a combination of YAY!! followed by a resounding "D'OH!" :cool: :eek:

I had a great day. Thanks to those people who did the demos. It was nice to meet some new people. I am amazed that so much can be taught & learnt in such a short time. Oh and the dobes looked very nice. :thumbsup:

But will we ever meet Helga??

Hi Flames Daddy, Yep we have the same thing happen at home often with Artan and having to walk and wait for the bite roll to be dropped, his intensity for it at home and training is triple what you saw at the workshop (the naked shower thing :thumbsup: ) You get a real workout, and as you saw Steve and I did probably a bit more of the tugging and fighting with the toy because of his sch training than what some of the other dogs needed. It teaches him to keep a full mouth grip on the tug which will become the sleeve eventually. And they have to keep a hold of it and run with the helper wearing it at the same time. My arms have certainly got stronger :thumbsup:

Im jelous. You all filled with info can try stuff on your dogs. Well I did trie before, but as you noticed my dog oly sings when he feel like it :( thats during each break, before the w/shop, after, in the car, at home, in the park, but not at Steves .... Anyway..... I was very happy to have him there, he wast a dog for demo, Steve being a very nice guy let me bring him so taht I could spend some time with him, before I left.

Oh and the dobes looked very nice.

:thumbsup: we the dober lovers think so as well.

You can get huge performance from small packages (just look at JBBB! hehe).

Exactly!!!!

But will we ever meet Helga??

Myabe its best you dont.... jsut have the imaginary picture - she might be a lot nicer that way :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

YAY!! followed by a resounding "D'OH!"

Thank Dog your wife knows me :thumbsup:

Chell: Just a quicky to say THANKS Steve for a great workshop today :confused:

It was wonderful to see all the dogs make such great progress

K9: your very welcome & thanks for the kind words.

It was amazing just how good all the dogs were given that they (as you know) had only attended the Pre Training afternoon two weeks before, & Fin & Linda only a few days before....

Considering that high drive dogs are usually labelled "untrainable" & "too hyper active", their results & general behaviour were excellent!

M: Also re questions - after the questions to Steve - "Are you married/" was asked I thought that the next one someone will ask will be "What are you doing tonight?"

K9: :confused::laugh::cheers:

Latisha: Yep, all good. I am stuffed.....and burnt, maybe I will listen to the "bring sunscreen" message one day!

SAS: hahahaha I an so red....I never learn!!!!

K9: Not that I wear any, but I did see you two cooking there... :cheer:

FD: Yeah, at the end of the day we had Ziggy the "Wunder-Hund" dangling from pull-toys and growling with glee as we tugged her (and she tugged us!) side-to-side with with frenzied vigour

K9: Ziggy is a great dog, told many about her, huge potential.

I would like to mention at this point that Gigis work with her was outstanding you will have to agree.

4 Days before the workshop I got a "its not working" email, I gave her a few tips & all that you seen Ziggy do is the result of only 4 days work.....

JO: Thanks Steve for a fantastic training session! I had already started working with Jefe on it... so far I have gotten dizzy and the dog has bitten me twice... but we do have a fast sitz!

K9: Remember to build plenty of drive before asking for any focus, spend a couple of weeks doing this... Being bitten is just part of the fun...

JBBB: Thanks to Steve for clarifying a lot of stuff for us, and for the ball on a string door prize - Flame went mad this morning when it was brought out. Must be that tasty mintiness!

K9: Thanks for the kind words, those new balls are my latest product I sell they are the greatest dog toy/prey item I have come accross for some time...

Ali: Steve, thanks again for my lead... I'm over the moon.

K9: Im glad you won it! The premium series leash will last you a lifetime, I have one 11 years old, being used every day, many times a day & its still a great leash...

FD: Interestingly, upon winning the toy in drive, at first it took more than 5 minutes of constant helicoptor-walkies on a long leash for Flame to finally drop the toy! Has anyone else experienced this??

K9: common, show no interest in the toy & she will reduce this time....

Reddog 21: I am amazed that so much can be taught & learnt in such a short time.

K9: as explained, Training in drive reaches a sub conscious level in the dogs mind, meaning getting 100% reliablility is quite an achieveable target...

Remembering also that the dogs all worked off leash in a dog rich environment....!

Chell: Just a thought.... but perhaps we could set up another one later in the year after all dogs involved today have built their drive further and take it to the next level with more commands done in drive and with more focus. Even adding in some distraction etc and then trouble shooting from there. Anyways just a thought, but it would be a good way to build on what we did today.

JBBB : I also think it would be great to have a follow-up workshop to see how the dogs have progressed, but it would also be good to see the spectator's dogs too, and see how they've all gone with the instructions.

Ali: tried some prey work with Chop when I got home and he 'believe it or not' went kinda nuts. He loved it. Please count him in as a demonstrator for the next workshop.

Gigi: Definitely should do a follow up in a few months

K9: There is already a lot of interest in another day like this one, both here, via email & the great feedback at the end of the day...

I am happy to organise another given all of you time to put training into practice & get a few new people in as well starting off...

Thanks for all the great feedback, I really try to put a lot into these workshops & seminars so as to keep them interesting & fresh.

Give the attendees something to see & something they can take home & use on their own dogs & friends dogs, all whilst improving the life of the dogs recieving the training...

Its my goal to get accross not what to do, but why to do it & why it works... Thus giving people the chance to modify the methods to suit their own applications....

Just also like to say that the dogs in attendance could not have been better. I explained that I could have easily brought a few highly trained demo dogs but that was not the gaol.

It was to show pet owners what pet owners could do with apparantly untrainable drives....

I hope we run the Advanced Training in Drive workshop (already named it lol), & as an appetiser, there will be more door prizes, & I will endeavour to demo one of my dogs as it seems such a common request....

Edited by K9 Force

I hope we run the Advanced Training in Drive workshop (already named it lol), & as an appetiser, there will be more door prizes, & I will endeavour to demo one of my dogs as it seems such a common request....

K9, we loved the door prize, but the best prize is seeing the difference in the dog/s!

Please count us in for the next session! Woooo hoooo!

Edited by jbbb

Im in as well. if all will go to plan, by then I might acually have a dog with me that will chase the toy.... oh cant wait.

Re your question jbbb - im posting from Hanoi, flight was horrible, I was never more bored in my life than yesterday, there was no entertainment on the flight at all , no movies, no music.

I soooo wished that I had a computer with interenet there.. Had to settle for Sun Hearald....

M: Also re questions - after the questions to Steve - "Are you married?" was asked I thought that the next one someone will ask will be "What are you doing tonight?"

K9: :confused::confused::laugh:

Im surprised noone took you home that night :cheers: or did you sneak out later? :cheer:

:confused: Please please please can I bring one of my babies next time ????

They're starting to feel really left out. :confused:

I promise to work their butts off in Prey Drive and be better than everyone else on the day !

K9: I was home

I said someone didn't take you to THEIR home :confused:

did someone sneak into yours? :cheers:

on another note this is where I currently am http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/hotels/ha...tars-hotel.html

trust me is not as flashy as on the photos LOL but for $12 US a night its a bargain LOL

and it has free interent :confused: thats all I need :laugh:

and this is where Im going tomorrow

halongbay.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by myszka