Training In Drive Workshop At K9 Force Saturday 6 May

Ahhh drats sounds like I missed a good seminar. I'll have to try get to that advanced one though (sans dog of course..)

Myszka you mad woman - you are in Vietnam -go shop!!!! My dream shopping and holiday destination.........

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been out already.... Shopping? so far purchased nothing, but Im going soon again , I think my legs basically slightly recovered :confused:

Im going to order myslef a tailor made suit, but seriously there isnt any great shopping here to do, well judging by what I have seen so far. Few bits an pieces, but Im not overly impressed to tell you the truth. maybe i just havent found the shopping heaven yet. Or maybe I just dont need anything hece cant find anything that Id go WOW about :confused:

Yes the silky stuff and the artie stuff, apart from that there isnt much here. Well heaps of LV fake handbags LOL

Plus dont forget Im going futher on to Europe I cant stock up on everything here LOL

Im not really bored Im just tired, its very hot and humid its raining season here. but is there is anything you desperetly require send me a pm, no probs.

I have taken about 30 photos already FD, will take heaps more of course.

yes I miss Rex, took my fav photo of him with me...

Can I sneak in a question here please Steve - K9 force.

I have been diligently working on my training program (for the dog who finally arrives home this Friday).

I plan to start him off using the NILIF. Naturally, I am keen to continue my obedience using prey drive.

Should there be a time break between the two?

I was going to send you an email but thought this may interest others. As you know he is 10 months and the RAW material.

Myszka,

Thanks. I have never previously used these two steps.

Mind you I have trained baby pups using prey drive, who since have gone to other homes, and they, still one year later, have great obedience (with a few tune ups, LOL).

Unfortunately the pup coming from lock up is a lot older than I have ever started.

Ali:

Please please please can I bring one of my babies next time ????

K9: yes of course...

LL:

Can I sneak in a question here please Steve - K9 force.

K9: yes ok...

LL:

I plan to start him off using the NILIF. Naturally, I am keen to continue my obedience using prey drive.

Should there be a time break between the two?

K9: well this is one of those rare times when I dont use the NILIF...

If I were you, I would as soon as this dog comes home, be the possessor of the magic prey item... Think about what this item should be very carefully though, I personally would not use a bumper...

I would be using a tug style toy or ball on string.... I have some new balls on string that you will love!

I would be driving your super high drive pup nuts with very few captures... I would do this & this alone for no less than 2 weeks....

Then start focus work..

The nilif will be taught in a different way via the item, it wont be nothing in life is free, but the prey item OF life is not free..

To this dog, nothing else will matter but two things, the prey item & the possessor of the prey item.

Harness is a good idea for any dog that is feeling the tie out connection collar as a correction...

I would be driving your super high drive pup nuts with very few captures... I would do this & this alone for no less than 2 weeks....

Then start focus work..

Thanks, Steve.

OK. 2 weeks!!!. I do feel the ball on the string is better for this dog. Apparently Rotties and Dobs are most suited for the tug?

Well, he worried me. LOL LOL.

But then again, his problem opened my eyes to different thought processes, so, it was a good thing.

Helped me to think more like a dog, and certainly helped me clarify, why dogs DO what they do.

It always makes me wonder where dog training will be, when we are all gone. Now I am giving myself another headache, wondering!!!!

Thanks again.

when I see a dog that counters (kill shakes) the prey item I know it needs more...so I get a game of tug going...

When Flame was doing her 5 minutes of 'helicoptering', she was flicking the toy from side to side, throwing it and catching it and basically playing with it as she was being led around in a circle seemingly endlessly until she dropped the ball, which was a missed throw and catch, rather than a drop. She was still interested in the ball and wanted to go back to it as soon as she'd dropped it. So, should we be using a tug toy instead?

NB. just want to say she was not allowed to put the ball on the ground or anything, but she makes her own fun while she's on the move!

I dont understand the no NILIF while prey training, pls explain more.

Im thinking NILIF for the times outside of training, while at home lazing around.

Rex shakes the toy as well, if he does that I can basically lift him up on the ball, well I could if I had enough strenghts..

My legs are killing me.. I think I might start the Vietnam threat in OT :confused:

K9: Starting the NILIF will imprint the dog with a picture (snapshot) of a new handler with their back turned, arms folded & not allowing attention for some different behaviours.

Lablovers dog is a working dog by design, it will have loads of prey drive. So undesireable behaviours will come thick & fast when the dogs lives in drive peak...

Its always best to train in the dogs primary drive, in this case prey.

NILIF is a Pack drive program.

I would rather she look like someone playing with the toy in the dogs snap shot...

I still dont understand,

Im not asking about while in traing, jsut when at home doing nothing. Dog comes to the owner for pets/play, you are busy, cant play, than what?

I do get the play first in the dogs mind, just not clear on what do you mean by not doing nilif.

or do you mean as the first and most impressions after?

K9: after a week, ask Lablover how often this dog just hangs around....

The Nilif will be no ball for wrong behaviour...

I cant help it that you dont understand... :confused: but then again it isnt your dog.... :confused:

Keep in mind that the NILIF program, my version of it, is very effective for most dogs, nit all dogs....