My Jackie

indi_dog

Tomorrow will mark one whole year without my beautiful Border Collie girl Jackie.

She came from a farm, and I completely adored her. She was my buddy during high school, TAFE and beyond. Jackie preferred to sleep under my bed (I had a permanent monster underneath my bed), and while she wasn't a really affectionate smoochy dog, she was always close by.

We always went for two walks a day, and she had lots of doggy friends at the park. She loved wallowing in the mud, and the kids at the oval used to call her a crocodile because she would drag herself around in the mud whilst drinking the water at the same time :thumbsup:

She loved car rides, and had many trips to the river, lots of dog beaches, and holidays at a relatives property (with cows to chase).

Sadly my poor girl was stolen from me by cancer, the symptoms only showing themselves 10 days before she passed away (hemangiosarcoma I think). It kills me that she had cancer and I never even knew until there was nothing I could do :) I had to leave her at the vet surgery one morning because she had become sick during the night and our vet was going to stabilise her and try for surgery. Sadly she later passed out and couldn't be revived ;) :rofl: . I can't forgive myself for not being there with her :rofl::( :D

This is my favourite photo of her.

jackie.jpg

She was beautiful indi dog - you can see in her face that she knew she was your special girl ;)

I know how it feels to not be there to say goodbye, my first dog Bayliss also passed away at the vets without me there. Take comfort knowing that she loved you, and she knew you took her to the vets to help her that day.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :thumbsup:

She was beautiful indi dog - you can see in her face that she knew she was your special girl ;)

I know how it feels to not be there to say goodbye, my first dog Bayliss also passed away at the vets without me there. Take comfort knowing that she loved you, and she knew you took her to the vets to help her that day.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :thumbsup:

What a lovely girl, I am sure she is up there with all the others showing them all her tricks, what a great photo and tribute to as gal that was obviously so loved, big hugs for you for tomorrow.

Thanks guys ;) I have to admit I'm a terrible person and I don't venture into these threads often, they're so hard to read and I feel for each and every single person :eek:

Jackie was my first dog, so I kind of couldn't imagine that one day she wouldn't be around - if that makes sense. I still have a huge bag full of her toys (I spoilt her rotten) and her old bed :rofl: I also have my old pair of slippers with her teeth marks embedded in the soles, Indi has now added her teeth marks as well :( I still wear them too!

I can remember the day before she passed away I had my eyes tested because I needed a new pair of glasses. My eyes were so red and swollen from crying and lack of sleep that I was surprised the optometrist could test them properly. For months afterwards I couldn't walk past the stupid Merringtons shop without crying, how ridiculous is that :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...