Bed Wetting

LOTTIE

I have a 7 month old shih tzu x bichon puppy who was a breeze to toilet train. . . . .

He was fully trained and sleeping through the night without needing to go out to the toilet by the time he was 3 1/2 month old !

I thought he was my little champion but the last 2 night he has wet his bed :(

I put him out at around 11 pm for his last toliet break and get him out again by 7am most mornings.

I guess I am just at a loss as to why he would be wetting his bed and not on the tiles as he has done once before when i was home really late from work and the poor baby couldn't hold on :rofl:

On the days that i work he holds on for up to 9 hours if I cant get back to let him out during my lunch and so far he has only had 1 accident ( that was when I was really late home )

Any suggestions would be great

I have a 7 month old shih tzu x bichon puppy who was a breeze to toilet train. . . . .

He was fully trained and sleeping through the night without needing to go out to the toilet by the time he was 3 1/2 month old !

I thought he was my little champion but the last 2 night he has wet his bed :(

I put him out at around 11 pm for his last toliet break and get him out again by 7am most mornings.

I guess I am just at a loss as to why he would be wetting his bed and not on the tiles as he has done once before when i was home really late from work and the poor baby couldn't hold on :rofl:

On the days that i work he holds on for up to 9 hours if I cant get back to let him out during my lunch and so far he has only had 1 accident ( that was when I was really late home )

Any suggestions would be great

possibly an infection my red cattle cross had one about 3 months ago and she is a super clean dog she wont go to the toilet anywhere near where she may sleep eat drink or play and all of a sudden she was wetting everywhere because she couldnt hold it

It's fairly unusual that a dog would actually wee on their bed. Usually they try to get as far away as possible. Take him to the vet and make sure he hasn't got an infection, however, he may be doing this to get attention. How do you react when you find it?

Also look at the temperature. If it is getting cold at night he night want to go more often so the later you take him out and try to get up a little earlier to let him out.

Also remove the water so he does not drink after 7.00pm

Remove the bed and give it a good wash to remove the smell and if you dont her will continue to go on the bed.

Apolo